Renault
Renault
European Makes > Renault > Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004 View modes: 
MechEngineer - 03/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004   Hi! I am a Malaysian but based in Australia and am in the car industry, so thought I will give a bit of feedback on this topic. THe Grand Scenic and C4 Picasso are both sold over here. The C4 looks a lot more 'stylish' and 'futuristic' compared to the Grand Scenic. Depending on the specs of the cars sold in Malaysia, it probably has a few more features too, eg 4-zone climate control, even for rear passangers to control, which the Scenic does not have! If adults were to sit at the rear seats of the Scenic, the middle row has to be pushed forward, otherwise there is very little leg room....not to mention head room, for anyone taller then about 5'8". Main advantage of the G/Scenic over the C4 is in the ride comfort. It is so much more comfortable. Many motoring testers here has commented on the poor ride and handling of the C4, while praising how comfortable the Scenic is. The G/Scenic also has heaps of storage compartments, under the floor, on the doors, under the seats etc. That is why it won the Best Interior Design Award last year here in Australia in one of the Motoring Magazines. Hope the above feedback is useful...

Shaekey - 16/11/2007 0:00:00

RE:Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004   I called them like a couple of days back and was informed that the C4 Picasso has already been launched. They're having a roadshow and will be in MidValley Megamall from today (Friday, Nov 16th) till Sunday. I plan to check it out probably on Saturday. Unfortunately when I asked about the price, was told it's between RM170k to RM190 (instead of RM160k-RM170k mentioned in this article: http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles/article_1156/page_m.asp)

Multipla - 14/11/2007 0:00:00

RE:Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004   Hey, why not wait for early 2008 for the new Citroen C4 Picasso?

Shaekey - 14/11/2007 0:00:00

RE:Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004   Yeah... I'd figured the electronics would be costly to fix or replace but I'm a sucker for gadgets & electronics :) Although the car has a lot of cool factor for me, the practical side of me is telling me to consider other cars. At the moment Mazda 5 is probably a close competitor. Still waiting for new Stream to come in, and will also check out Grandis just because it's about the same price range. However, Grandis is 2.4 and with a potential fuel price increase and restructuring of fuel subsidy it may not be economical to drive anything above 2.0 (afraid government decide no subsidy for cars above 2.0 :/) Wish I can hear more first hand experience from current Grand Scenic owner on the cost of owning the car.

Shaekey - 13/11/2007 0:00:00

RE:Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004   Yeah, I'm also interested to know more about the car based on owner's experience. I've test driven the car last week. The 3rd row seats is a 2x single seat that "springs out" from the floor. The legroom is kinda limited and probably nice just for kids. Even the 2nd row seat is not that big legroom wise. My wife didn't like, she said the 2nd row seat was uncomfortable. What I love most about the car is all the electronics and technology behind it. The keycard and start button ignition are cool. It has 6 air bags and euro-NCAP 5-star rating (same as Mazda 5). Safety wise probably the best compared to Wish/Stream/Mazda5. I was informed the car is to be serviced every 10k km. There's no 1k or 5k initial service. The cheapest service cost like RM300+ if I'm not mistaken and the 60k service cost RM1000+.

Multipla - 13/11/2007 0:00:00

RE:Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004  
quote:
Originally posted by Shaekey
Yeah, I'm also interested to know more about the car based on owner's experience. I've test driven the car last week. The 3rd row seats is a 2x single seat that "springs out" from the floor. The legroom is kinda limited and probably nice just for kids. Even the 2nd row seat is not that big legroom wise. My wife didn't like, she said the 2nd row seat was uncomfortable. What I love most about the car is all the electronics and technology behind it. The keycard and start button ignition are cool. It has 6 air bags and euro-NCAP 5-star rating (same as Mazda 5). Safety wise probably the best compared to Wish/Stream/Mazda5. I was informed the car is to be serviced every 10k km. There's no 1k or 5k initial service. The cheapest service cost like RM300+ if I'm not mistaken and the 60k service cost RM1000+.
When the electonics fails you,....repairs will be costly! 10K Kms service intervals for new cars are quite common. My Multipla service interval is 20k kms...do dare risk it? Nope, i do it every 7500kms.

feiyau - 26/09/2007 0:00:00

Grand Scenic 2.0 (A) - 2004   hi, just wondering if any owner of the car can give some feedback/comments on the car in terms of reliability/maintainence cost/fuel consumption and any common problems ? How is the legroom for the 2 last row seats ? fy