Nissan & Infiniti
EDARAN TAN CHONG MOTOR | Tel: (03) 4047 8788 | Website: www.nissan.com.my
Japanese Makes > Nissan & Infiniti > Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption View modes: 
bolehlandbuddy - 13/11/2010 12:32:09

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption  

fuel with  RON 97, A/C at 25 deg C, highway at 110km/h = 16 km/L 
& city jam + klang valley highway jam = 13.7  to 14 km/L

interval 2 mth add 3M injector cleaner

just for sharing.... :)

bengyson - 17/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   Hey, I'm one of the contestant as well yesterday. However my Sylphy score was really bad. I'm not sure this is because my car is still very new. Just did my 1st 1k service not too long ago...but for 160++/liters is too hard to believe. I really want to ask him how he can actually achieve this...the 2nd prize winners were really sweating with air-con turn off, this contradict with the 1st prize winner. Furthermore the 1st winner arrived the destination 1st. I wondering anything he did to his car...very suspicious.

maplephy - 17/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   Nissan Sylphy 2.0L FC beats G Livina 1.6L/1.8L on Lightfoot Quest 2010 competetion(Shah Alam to Malacca) in Malacca Yesterday, the champion scored 160++km/L, Second price scored 109km/L. But the overall winner(additioanal RM1,000 price), won by GL 1.6A Better not to believe but it was true, witness by me! cheers

Site admin
Site admin
Chips - 17/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   I took part too and I can say that the process was transparent, ie refuelling was done in front of everyone and the figure on the pump was also seen by everyone. The winner said something about having drafted a tanker for 50 kms. which can make a bit of difference as the tanker's size clears the air in front so there is less wind resistance. There are a lot of factors and remember that this was a contest with attractive prizes, so people will go to extreme measures to win. For the record, my co-driver ran the return journey at a faster speed (max allowed by speed limits) and with the air-cond on and achieved 23 kms/litre with a Sylphy. Two years ago, I drove a Sylphy to Kuantan with my son and wife on board + luggage. Obviously I was not allowed to drive 'economy run style' with my family and had to have the aircond on. That time, I got 17 kms/litre and it was using the hilly Karak Highway too.

arsenewenger - 23/12/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   i did it too yesterday. bot 16.5 cent per km. mileage now is at 7500km. Most of the time is at PJ and Damansara.

acex - 22/12/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   my syphy FC is improve alot after the 17000km service with now 42 lit of petrol (petronas) and mostly drive at city area can get the milea 460km which equal to 0.16 per km ...
quote:
Originally posted by kong23
quote:
Originally posted by ML1710p
Hi all, Anyone out there who had 1)less than impressive / worrying fuel consumption for your Sylphy? 2) had notified the service centre 3) and was rectified by service centre, assuming there is a fault in the first place? Would appreciate if you all can share. I have been monitoring my fuel consumption since day 1. Similar driving conditions all these while -10.5 km/litre prior to First service, now downward trend, latest at only 8.6 km/ litre. driving condition would be approx 60/40 city / toll highway. Cheers. PS: My mileage now at 3000km
i am newbee here, just got my car for the last 3weeks. Throughout these period, I hv clocked 1700km and done my 1st service at 1400km. I totally aware and cautious of driving behavior has a direct proportional to fuel consumption. I am considered a fairly light footed. Gradual acceleration and braking. From my 5 data points by using Ron97 all this while, I got average of 6.3km/L. extremely disappointed with what Advertisement have misled. Yesterday I just called up TCEAS free toll to log a compliant, they have channeled to their Senior TCEAS Technical mgr who is Mr Sim 012-2959661. He also agreed that this could this shouldn’t be the case. In between I have done the computerize diagnosis check & reset during my 1st service. Any way, I have scheduled for a throughout check during next wk at PG Bayan Lepas branch which Mr Sim hv advised. Hope they can really help to scrutinize my problem. If anyone of you have came across this problem and resolve it then, pls share with us yr best known method. Thanks in advance.

kong23 - 19/12/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption  
quote:
Originally posted by ML1710p
Hi all, Anyone out there who had 1)less than impressive / worrying fuel consumption for your Sylphy? 2) had notified the service centre 3) and was rectified by service centre, assuming there is a fault in the first place? Would appreciate if you all can share. I have been monitoring my fuel consumption since day 1. Similar driving conditions all these while -10.5 km/litre prior to First service, now downward trend, latest at only 8.6 km/ litre. driving condition would be approx 60/40 city / toll highway. Cheers. PS: My mileage now at 3000km
i am newbee here, just got my car for the last 3weeks. Throughout these period, I hv clocked 1700km and done my 1st service at 1400km. I totally aware and cautious of driving behavior has a direct proportional to fuel consumption. I am considered a fairly light footed. Gradual acceleration and braking. From my 5 data points by using Ron97 all this while, I got average of 6.3km/L. extremely disappointed with what Advertisement have misled. Yesterday I just called up TCEAS free toll to log a compliant, they have channeled to their Senior TCEAS Technical mgr who is Mr Sim 012-2959661. He also agreed that this could this shouldn’t be the case. In between I have done the computerize diagnosis check & reset during my 1st service. Any way, I have scheduled for a throughout check during next wk at PG Bayan Lepas branch which Mr Sim hv advised. Hope they can really help to scrutinize my problem. If anyone of you have came across this problem and resolve it then, pls share with us yr best known method. Thanks in advance.

maplephy - 25/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   Hi guys Firstly, I would like to thank to MTD for providing toll-free from KL to Kuantan Expressway on 18th & 24th September morning. This has eased the traffic flow for those willing to pay the toll on other days. I traveled during this festive period at non-peak traffic period on 20th & 23rd September from KL to K.Trengganu & back to KL. This is my smoothest trip I ever experienced. I tested my car with BHP, Shell, Petronas and Caltex (mixed-brand) RON 95 & got more or less the same mileage/consumption as below. From the test result, I believe RON95 has better burning rate and suitable for Sylphy’s MR20DE engine. 20th September 2009, started the journey from 5.00 am, set air-cond to 24 degree, Speed maintain between 95 – 110 km/hr. 4 adults & 1 kid with full load of Luggage & Shopping staffs. KL,Gombak-> Kuantan 247.5km consumed 14.66L of fuel >> 16.9km/L Kuantan-> Kuala Terengganu, 215.3km consumed 12.45L >> 17.3km/L 23rd September 2009, started journey at 2.00am, same setting of Air-cond & passengers, but maintain speed within 90 – 105km/hr (slower for mid-night driving) Bkt.Payung,Terengganu-> Bkt.Tinggi 393.2km consumed 23.28L >>16.9km/L I pumped the fuel right-up to the "neck" all the time and my overall FC is 16.99km/L(48MPG, imperial) or 10.6sen/km (RM1.80/Litre for RON95). I think the consumption can easily beat Myvi 1.3L & many other cars below 1.8L. I got this reasonable good result simply because my 2.0L Sylphy already clocked 45,000km, both my car & my foot are seasoned as well after 15 months of driving, ahaha! Conclusion, no regret of owning a Sylphy because she is an affordable & comfortable 2.0L family car which takes our family members & friends to many towns/places within our Beautiful Malaysia & Singapore as well. cheers

cky - 22/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   tested on petronas primax 95 yesterday night/midnight maintained driving around 110-140km/h 90% highway.. Ipoh - Subang - Bandar Utama(BU) - KLIA/LCCT - Ipoh whole juorney 580km. about 43litres petrol (+-RM77).. +- 13.4km/l. wat do u think bout the fuel consumption?? currently my sylphy clocked at 5600km & just after 2nd service...

arsenewenger - 14/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nissan Sylphy Fuel Consumption   got my car for a week, around 745km, managed to get 10km/liter. 80% city drive 20% highway. im very happy with its FC. much better than my 4.5 yrs old sentra.