Honda MPVs
Honda MPVs
MPVs and Vans > Honda MPVs > Honda Freed - Avanza killer? View modes: 
dzat - 26/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   SPOT ON bro!..Verso is compete wt SMax/Rondo/Mazda5 in UK

patr - 04/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   Latest Toyota Verso (in UK has 1.6 and 1.8Litre petrol engine, also has 2.2Diesel, so is definitely not in same class. Think the manufacturers compete very much in terms of engine capacity, which comes to the toyota Passo, our Alza. They are similar in size as well. Pls feel free to disagree.

thomas4688 - 01/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   The price is high because Honda have marketed the car under the premium segment. To be compared with the Alza, they are both in a different segment. Alza is supposed to be compared to the Avanza, Exora, Innova and Livina. Besides that, I have just tested the car today and found that the built quality was very fine... although the performance is not there. I have seen the Avanza's interior and it feels terribly plastic and low quality. To me, I think the Freed is supposed to be compared to Toyota Verso or Toyota Sienta which are also under the premium segment. This is my opinionler... [:)]

patr - 30/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   Honda GREED!!! Sounds better.[8D]

Budleee - 29/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   I took a look at the Freed yesterday at the Honda Showroom on MRR1 next to the furniture store. The MPV looks a lot shorter in real life than it does in pictures. Its also very tall. The doors are not as small as they are pictured, its looks like a normal enterance for a "car". Entarance to the third row seats is smilar to a Naza Ria, since the seats do not fold and tumble forward, you slide the seats all the way forward and recline the the backrest forward. The backrest itself only reclines forward a few degrees, instead of folding totally flat. This will create a problem when you do need to carry long and flat items. The sliding doors are a novelty. You can pull it open manually and not know it was automated, when you try to close it manually, you can feel it resisting. However the novelty really comes when it closes, you can see it moves slowly and quietly snaps its self shut. The MPV loading height is really really really low. Since the bumper does not protude much, you can sit in the back of the car with the tailgate open and the third row seats folded up with comfort. Yes, the short bumper will mean nightmares and increase cost to bumper to bumper accidents, but this is a similar problems to SUV that has their spare tires on the tailgate. Too bad there is no leather, however leather is fitted locally if you choose to, since my sister's Jazz was fitted with leather locally. I asked, Eric, the salesmen about the sales of Freed, he said that the sales are quite good and there is a 4 months waiting period. Even in the brochures, the Freed states it self as a 4 seaters with ideas, somehow this reminds me of the Alza tag line, Car one moment, MPV the next. People who are looking for a 7 seater, will always comment that the car is too small, ALWAYS. However those who are looking for versatility, something different, and commanding view of the road would like this car. I can imagine a family of 3 with the maid on the third row, or family of 4 with the rebel child sitting isolated in the third row seat with his Ipod playing some emo/screamo music or family of 6 with a cargo carrier on top. It reminds me of an A class based Mercedes Vaneo with its sharp profile

ejan_ - 25/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   goto showroom yesterday. For me, its really over price. I like the concept but it should about 100k to catch buyer.

Budleee - 23/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   its a CBU car.. If it does poorly than expected, they will just importing it.. Just like the demise of the Perodua Nautica...

erictoh - 23/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   RM115k for 1.5ltr?? Crazy and idiot~~ ==||.............

paijow - 23/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   hey guys, yesterday i & my friend have test drive freed. this are mine & my friend personal review on freed: i) the size is bigger than alza, bout the same size & height as avanza ii) body is so light iii) cornering really good iv) the dashboard design is stylish but almost same as alza v) the front light look just like alza (almost) vi) the rear light is really something, i guees this is the first time i saw a honda with this kind of rear light vii) no extra blower for the back row viii) have 2 power door (back) ix) the body design is more 'hexagon' than her other cousins x) 3 colors; pearl white, silver n black xi) no accesories but we can request & have to pay more xii) the no 1 downside of freed are the price! intro price is about RM113k which is higher then the price in Thailand. i asked the SA bout the price & the answer was simple, : dont marah us, marah our former PM" anyway, it was out of my league. try to play safe for 2-3 months & we will see the feedback from Honda. adios

iceman08 - 23/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Honda Freed - Avanza killer?   I don't usually comment on other ppl choice of buying cars..but I really have to say this car will have only a very tiny market here. No matter how you look at it, at more than 110K for this type of car just does not make sense at all..As Chips mentioned, ppl looking to buy a compact MPV are usually lower income buyers and they are looking for practicality with limited budget.. If they can afford to pay more than 100K, they will go for a bigger MPV like Wish, Stream, Mazda5.. And looking at the 'bumperless' rear, it will really cost a bomb for repair (minus the insurance claim accident) as the damage will include your rear body and also the '5th' rear door This is almost like selling a City at 100K with 6 airbags, 17" tire, AFS, etc but with the same 1.5 engine.