Nissan MPVs
Nissan MPVs
MPVs and Vans > Nissan MPVs > NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION View modes: 
half EZ - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION   Mine is 1.6M On the day i received my GL... the fuel indicator has blinking means there is only reserve petrol in the tank... my SA advice me to fill up the petrol directly after i came out from the showroom... that time the mileage shown 110km already (maybe due to delivery from Segambut and they bring my GL to car wash) before they delivered it to me.... I fill RM50 only that day... just to compare with my previuos P.Waja...1.6manual normally my Waja can get up to 350km for RM50.. this is at 100-130 km/h daily driving at hiway plus 50%city driving... Now this GL i has refill again after the needle show near empty at mileage 500++ km... means i get 400km at RM 50 fuel.. at average of 80-90km/h hi way driving..and 50% city driving... that time...the indicator still not blinking... so i think i can get more milegage at my first RM50 of petrol.... up to this moment at the next RM50 petrol the milage already shown at about 850km... means already about 350km at 2nd refill... Now i will monitor at what mileage the fuel indicator will blinking... hope that it can touch another 400km or more at RM50 fuel expenses... if true...i think this GL is a worth buy for me...

livefree - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION   Hello again Mr Seapark, To activate & deactivate the OD, there's nowmally a small button midway along the auto gear stick... Normally, pressed-in OD on and depressed, OD off...

OrangeLivina - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION   70% City drive with morning jam every day. I hardly go more than 80KM. Need to go for 1st service next week, afterthat i'll try to go faster [}:)]

wkw - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION  
quote:
Originally posted by Chips [Where I stay, I also have to drive up a slope and usually, I will switch off overdrive (OD). This basically locks out the top gear so it becomes a 3-speed transmission. The transmission usually goes into top gear when pressure is light and if that happens, then acceleration will be slow. Locking out top gear means that the gear ratio is a lower one which can give better acceleration and if you want to accelerate hard, then it goes from 3 to 2, rather than from 4 to 2. Think of it like you change down one gear with a manual transmission.
Thanks Chips for the tip. I tried the OD too, but frankly, i just dont feel the difference [:(]whether it is on or off. What about the '2' and '1' gear selection? They are for even sleeper slope?[?]

wkw - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION   I wonder if the choice of petrol makes a difference here. I am using petronas. How about other GL fellows?

cardreamer - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:NISSAN GRAND LIVINA FUEL CONSUMPTION   hmm...i use a citra and my Fc is about 17sen per km...about RM82 for the most i manage to get is 480km...and that is 60% highway and 40% federal road..from Kl to kluang and to mersing, johor... Not bad for a citra, since the price difference between the two is quite signicant..and also 2.0 versus 1.8...

Site admin
Site admin
Chips - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by wkw Probably because I live up the hill and the daily up-hill trip contributes to more fuel consumed. Also, I wonder if it is due to my driving style. I have been driving manual since day one. Now I need to adjust to auto. On a level road, not much problem as I just go as fast as the traffic allows. But going uphill is a bit tricky. Compare to manual, auto feels just so 'lack' of gear control. Somemore with the smooth gear change technology, I just dont know which gear Im at. Any advice for an auto-novice like me? Thanks!!
Where I stay, I also have to drive up a slope and usually, I will switch off overdrive (OD). This basically locks out the top gear so it becomes a 3-speed transmission. The transmission usually goes into top gear when pressure is light and if that happens, then acceleration will be slow. Locking out top gear means that the gear ratio is a lower one which can give better acceleration and if you want to accelerate hard, then it goes from 3 to 2, rather than from 4 to 2. Think of it like you change down one gear with a manual transmission.

Cynox - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by sea park NGL
hi livefree, thanks for the tip. this button is std placing in all cars or just GL at the gear stick?
Should be standard. My current VIOS is like that and my sis-in-law Honda City also the same. The overdrive function is actually like manually lower one gear to gain torque when you want to overtake at highway. It's pretty standard on all auto car i think.

wisee - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeLivina
70% City drive with morning jam every day. I hardly go more than 80KM. Need to go for 1st service next week, afterthat i'll try to go faster [}:)]
Hmmm... less than 17sen/km for 70% city driving. Not too bad! I do about 80% highway, so I would be happy if I can get 15sen/km.[;)] But right now not so happy coz still waiting for my GL to arrive.[:(]

wisee - 25/01/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeLivina
RM71.69 for 430.7KM 1.8A. How is the FC ?
What ratio of city / highway driving? I think your FC is quite reasonable if 50:50 city/highway for a 1.8A.