Kancil
The first Perodua model, now retired
Perodua > Kancil > Nak jimatkan minyak.... View modes: 
rollo - 23/04/2010 0:00:00

RE:Nak jimatkan minyak....   My 10+ year old stock standard Kancil 660 averages about 13.5km/L or 38mpg, covering about 50km a day in mostly between city & suburban traffic. One thing to watch out for with this car is the setting of its ignition timing. The owner's manual says that this is at 7 degrees BTDC at engine idle speed. When I set it at 7 degrees static (since the 660 engine still uses contact breaker ignition), the fuel consumption was worse at about 30mpg or 10.7km/L and the engine coolant temperature tends to go up easily while cruising. It turns out that its ignition distributor has a vacuum advance capsule that detects both ported and manifold vacuum which means that the actual ignition timing at idle rpm is over-advanced at more than the 7 degrees BTDC static setting. I realise that I have to use a strobe timing light because 7 degrees BTDC spec in the owner's manual has to be set dynamically with the engine running, which means that the static setting (with the engine off) is at about 5 degrees BTDC. After correctly setting the ignition timing, the engine ran cooler and the fuel economy improved to what I'm getting nowadays.

whosairie - 21/11/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nak jimatkan minyak....  
quote:
Originally posted by LeBronJames
quote:
Originally posted by whosairie
My Kancil 850EZi is using fuel injection, DOHC(kereta bunyi macam lori)..that's mean if i put this surbo...only small changes happened, anyway it worth to try rather than other fuel saver scam...
Bro, Wait, Kancil 850Ezi original where got DOHC? If your car EFI (fuel injection, then the effect is lower. For your car, when not you change your exhaust first, don't change to large diameter. The full exhaust change will sure make u improve your pickup.
sorry for taking a long time to reply, just come back from overseas(kerja la[:D])my kancil engine head cover stated "twin cam" it means DOHC right? so far i already changed 14' rim, adding thick earthing cable in engine bay, oil cooler for auto transmision, larger diameter exhaust pipe with total 3 'tabung' to reduce the noise...using garmin (GPS) fuel consumption : 5.6ltr/100km(highway average 100km/h)

LeBronJames - 10/03/2009 0:00:00

quote:
My Kancil 850EZi is using fuel injection, DOHC(kereta bunyi macam lori)..that's mean if i put this surbo...only small changes happened, anyway it worth to try rather than other fuel saver scam...
Bro, Wait, Kancil 850Ezi original where got DOHC? If your car EFI (fuel injection, then the effect is lower. For your car, when not you change your exhaust first, don't change to large diameter. The full exhaust change will sure make u improve your pickup.

whosairie - 06/03/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nak jimatkan minyak....   My Kancil 850EZi is using fuel injection, DOHC(kereta bunyi macam lori)..that's mean if i put this surbo...only small changes happened, anyway it worth to try rather than other fuel saver scam...

whosairie - 03/03/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nak jimatkan minyak....   LeBronJames...where can i buy "surbo"?how much aa?can it work properly on 850 EZi?[:)]

LeBronJames - 03/03/2009 0:00:00

quote:
LeBronJames...where can i buy "surbo"?how much aa?can it work properly on 850 EZi?[:)]
The last time when I mod my Kancil EX 850 NA, the car can hit 160km/h. hahahaha... Good news is that, surbo + open port air filter is one of them. As for your auto I am not that sure. Upgrade stage by stage.

LeBronJames - 03/03/2009 0:00:00

quote:
LeBronJames...where can i buy "surbo"?how much aa?can it work properly on 850 EZi?[:)]
Whosairie, Good afternoon. The price for a surbo is around RM150. Contact as below: Hua Seng Workshop, No. 4, Jalan Kolam Air. It's 200 metres straight in left of Jalan Ipoh after Dynasty Hotel, and opposite the last of the 24hr food stalls. (I am not a surbo re-seller nor I get commission for this) I would work well in your kancil auto. Before this, just to prepare you surbo is just a simple metal fitted into your air filter, don't potong stim when you see it. What matters is the result right? Well before surbo. Please change your air filter to open port, no need branded one, just go Brothers also can d. You will have a larger intake. The price I think is less then RM100 can get d. Then only you add surbo. With it, you will sure feel pickup improved and easier to reach topspeed. Remember you need to drag the car to achieve it. Remember Surbo do not much advantage on ECU cars, example Wira EFI with ECU, Kelisa. This is because the amount of air intake is already control by the ECU. Unlike your car, your is a carburator, you will have advantage. After open port air intake, your car will have better performance during cool weather but not during hot weather. You can always do a custom made air cooler intake to reduce the hot air from your engine block. Last tips, if it is hard for you to get there go to any Brothers outlet and get a surbo type of thing but it is with fans. Looks more fancy but disadvanatge is the bearing might jam one day. Upto you. If you ask me is it worth it to add in your Kancil, I will say "YES". Remember to give me feed back after you try, ya...

bidin - 06/01/2009 0:00:00

RE:Nak jimatkan minyak....   correct 3x [:D]

LeBronJames - 07/12/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by monoezwan
Nak jimat minyak- 1)Jangan drive laju 2)Check tekanan tayar, secukupnya 3)pastikan filter udara bersih 4)jangan pasang air cond [:D] 5)brg tak berguna keluarkn dari kereta[8)]
Bro nak tambah, servis kereta tepat pada masa 5,000km dan kalau boleh gunalah engine minyak yang lebih bermutu, contoh Castrol Syntactic blend.

monoezwan - 17/11/2008 0:00:00

RE:Nak jimatkan minyak....   Nak jimat minyak- 1)Jangan drive laju 2)Check tekanan tayar, secukupnya 3)pastikan filter udara bersih 4)jangan pasang air cond [:D] 5)brg tak berguna keluarkn dari kereta[8)]