Myvi
Myvi
Perodua > Myvi > myvi car battery View modes: 
pipylim - 29/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery   Ya... Overfill battery water will cause the bonnet damage! Regarding the Steering vibration is confirm the Rotor problem? after changed rotor no more problems? How much the MyVi Car Battery Cost today? TQ

ariehan - 29/09/2007 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery   is the acid in red color fluid? if yes, it happen same to my myvi too when i took it for 1st service in P2 SC, they told me I nid to change this & that to fix that problem, sigh...

stinger82 - 27/09/2007 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery  
quote:
Originally posted by 5678
quote:
Originally posted by stinger82
how come nobody is interested in car battery acid boiled up, or disc brake change topic? they are more interested in saying myvi's bad news? :) i think i'll complain to perodua during my next service, generally no complain in the car, other than the service is expensive, esp for a someone who drive 90km per day.
i think that, people will complain only if they have problem and not satisfied with the product or services.... my MyVi uses yokohama (original datang dari kilang).. flat top... no holes at the top. the battery vapour is vented side ways so no corrosion on the bonet.... vapourizing of battery fluid is normal because that is why we need to top up the battery water in a regular basis... other wise it will dry up... last time when braking, the steering wheel vibrate... sent to ASC.. and they confirmed disk is the culprit... no question asked, they changed the disk... so satisfied with it and i kept quiet la... as for the service charge, I used to have kancil, own a kenari & myvi and other car of other make.... I think in general, perodua service is generally cheap. My myvi is 1.3 liter and engine oil is more than that of kancil and kenari.. so, it will cost more on the lube oil...
i guess must be the technician who filled the water too high, and while the batery is hot, some acid spilled out from the battery. Its definitely caused by the battery, and my bonnet clip corroded like a car used for 20 years. but, anyway, i can live without the bonnet clip.

tripvire - 20/09/2007 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery   me too having the acid problem, so have you all change the batt to maintenance free? and did the sc change the bonnet clip for you?

5678 - 17/09/2007 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery   i think that, people will complain only if they have problem and not satisfied with the product or services.... my MyVi uses yokohama (original datang dari kilang).. flat top... no holes at the top. the battery vapour is vented side ways so no corrosion on the bonet.... vapourizing of battery fluid is normal because that is why we need to top up the battery water in a regular basis... other wise it will dry up... last time when braking, the steering wheel vibrate... sent to ASC.. and they confirmed disk is the culprit... no question asked, they changed the disk... so satisfied with it and i kept quiet la... as for the service charge, I used to have kancil, own a kenari & myvi and other car of other make.... I think in general, perodua service is generally cheap. My myvi is 1.3 liter and engine oil is more than that of kancil and kenari.. so, it will cost more on the lube oil...

stinger82 - 17/08/2007 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery   how come nobody is interested in car battery acid boiled up, or disc brake change topic? they are more interested in saying myvi's bad news? :) i think i'll complain to perodua during my next service, generally no complain in the car, other than the service is expensive, esp for a someone who drive 90km per day.

adalbrecht - 17/08/2007 0:00:00

RE:myvi car battery   me too. the sc take pic and have to wait for hq answer.

stinger82 - 15/08/2007 0:00:00

myvi car battery   hello all, anyone experienced the acid boiles out from the battery(from tiny lids) and the acid droplets corrodes my bonnet arm plastic holder,render the arm useless. i think its quite common to myvi as a technician told me thank goodness i had the insulation mat, otherwise it will corrode my bonnet. the solution he recommended is change to other battery, esp those not maintainance-free(no need to add water). i guess under the hood is quite hot, so the acid boils up?