Myvi
Myvi
Perodua > Myvi > Is it alternator? View modes: 
yahooguy - 06/03/2011 14:17:44

RE:Is it alternator?   if battery is not charged, surely battery indicator light on ur speedometer will turn on.  this may be alternator problem.
Born to be car maniac.

GaryYap - 31/01/2011 23:26:22

RE:Is it alternator?   Thanx nd.  Another reply I received from another forum is to use a volt-meter to measure the battery and see what is the voltage then start the engine.  If needle is higher than before that means alternator is working but if needle stays the same then alternator have to change.  What is the cost for changing?  Any idea?
So let it be written so let it be done, I'm sent here by THE CHOSEN ONE.
www.tribetoyota.com.my

nd - 30/01/2011 16:16:19

RE:Is it alternator?   Yep... sounds like alternator problem. Normally, it will also affect other electrics like power steering, brake booster, etc.
Try to disconnect the battery after starting the engine and see if the electrics still work... if they don't, the alternator is the culprit...

GaryYap - 28/01/2011 12:42:41

Is it alternator?   I have a Myvi that had a change of battery last year April.  2 days back can't start so claimed a new one.  The mechanic wasn't sure is it the fault of the battery but told me the battery is not charging.  Quite dangerous as brakes also not working.
So let it be written so let it be done, I'm sent here by THE CHOSEN ONE.
www.tribetoyota.com.my