Exora
Exora
Proton > Exora > Exora on Genting View modes: 
Budleee - 29/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Exora on Genting   Remember the ads for proton saga blm on how malaysian actually understand when they mention the engine performance and boot performance? the showed how fast the saga goes up the hill and how much durian one can shove into the boot also how much fuel it uses to go to penang from kl? enough fuel left over to get a plate of char kueh tau. so i guess the best commercial for the exora is how fast able it can be when going up hill. so far only one person, not in this forum actually driven an exora up the hill, perhaps he is the only one in this forum that has one.. [}:)]

jacksonljs - 18/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Exora on Genting  
quote:
Originally posted by muryadi
Here is a comment "Exora on Genting" from EOCM member/Exora owner in their forum :- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- o.k.. so far saya dah 3 kali bawa exora naik ke genting. bagi saya tak ada masalah. cuma pemanduan jangan gopoh, kena slow and steady, jangan paksa engin dia bekerja keras, guna kat gear yang bersesuai bila perlu.. kadang-kadang perlu gear kat no 3 , kadang-kadang guna gear d sajer. so far so good laa.. sewaktu menuruni genting, di nasihatkan guna gear 2 atau yang bersesuaian, bagi megurangkan kita guna break untuk mengurangkan kelajuan. pengalaman berlumpa ngan avanza, sebab anak saya bagi panas kat avanza tuu, dengan tunjuk isyiarat exora bagus... so far cicir avaza tuu naik ke genting. Tiba di gentiing, terjumpa semula dengan avanza tu kat parking, dia tersenyum saya pun tersenyum , sambil dia tunjuk isyarat good pada saya, anak saya bersorak.... yeerrrkkkkk....exora good...!! so far memang saya berpuas hati dengan exora saya... http://protonexora.com.my/forum/index.php?topic=277.msg12408#msg12408 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hopefully it's help.
Few times driving up my Myvi 1.0 to Genting, no problems. Most of the time using 2nd and 3rd gear. 1st gear only used if there is a car blocking infront at two most difficult corners. Actually when climbing up, the art of maintaining momentum is most important. But when going downhill, use lower gear to assist engine braking and dont step between accelerator and brake too often

muryadi - 18/08/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by csho
quote:
Originally posted by AP 1
I had driven a Wira M/T up to Genting with a load of about 150 kg to the amazement of my friend who drove a Honda Civic 2.2L A/T up there. I remember he asked me whether my wife's Wira would be able to make it and even suggested we took a cable car to go up there. I dare say from my experience the Exora M/T carrying a load of 300 kg will be able to climb up to Genting. How easily and fast it can do it I can't say, though.
With due respect I'm looking for actual experience rather than hearsay or experience with other cars. Thanks to muryadi for what you extract from another EOCM. I'm looking at H-Line AT. I presume the EOCM experience is using MT. By the way any difference if were to purchase from EON or Proton Edar? Bought my last 3 Protons from same EON salesman that I know. Understand EON is selling all sorts of brand now & read somewhere that Proton might part with EON? Some might say sales is just one off & what's more important is after sales service. Then again there is EON & Proton Edar SC? Understand from my salesman before EON releases the car it will undergo inspection from EON SC & stick with a pass sticker but not too sure Proton Edar does that. Again it could be usual salesman talk.
It's actually an A/T Exora..

csho - 18/08/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by muryadi It's actually an A/T Exora..
Great we get at least 1 actual experience now. Any comment on EON or Proton Edar or maybe I should start a new thread.

csho - 17/08/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by AP 1
I had driven a Wira M/T up to Genting with a load of about 150 kg to the amazement of my friend who drove a Honda Civic 2.2L A/T up there. I remember he asked me whether my wife's Wira would be able to make it and even suggested we took a cable car to go up there. I dare say from my experience the Exora M/T carrying a load of 300 kg will be able to climb up to Genting. How easily and fast it can do it I can't say, though.
With due respect I'm looking for actual experience rather than hearsay or experience with other cars. Thanks to muryadi for what you extract from another EOCM. I'm looking at H-Line AT. I presume the EOCM experience is using MT. By the way any difference if were to purchase from EON or Proton Edar? Bought my last 3 Protons from same EON salesman that I know. Understand EON is selling all sorts of brand now & read somewhere that Proton might part with EON? Some might say sales is just one off & what's more important is after sales service. Then again there is EON & Proton Edar SC? Understand from my salesman before EON releases the car it will undergo inspection from EON SC & stick with a pass sticker but not too sure Proton Edar does that. Again it could be usual salesman talk.

muryadi - 17/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Exora on Genting   Here is a comment "Exora on Genting" from EOCM member/Exora owner in their forum :- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- o.k.. so far saya dah 3 kali bawa exora naik ke genting. bagi saya tak ada masalah. cuma pemanduan jangan gopoh, kena slow and steady, jangan paksa engin dia bekerja keras, guna kat gear yang bersesuai bila perlu.. kadang-kadang perlu gear kat no 3 , kadang-kadang guna gear d sajer. so far so good laa.. sewaktu menuruni genting, di nasihatkan guna gear 2 atau yang bersesuaian, bagi megurangkan kita guna break untuk mengurangkan kelajuan. pengalaman berlumpa ngan avanza, sebab anak saya bagi panas kat avanza tuu, dengan tunjuk isyiarat exora bagus... so far cicir avaza tuu naik ke genting. Tiba di gentiing, terjumpa semula dengan avanza tu kat parking, dia tersenyum saya pun tersenyum , sambil dia tunjuk isyarat good pada saya, anak saya bersorak.... yeerrrkkkkk....exora good...!! so far memang saya berpuas hati dengan exora saya... http://protonexora.com.my/forum/index.php?topic=277.msg12408#msg12408 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hopefully it's help.

AP 1 - 17/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Exora on Genting   I had driven a Wira M/T up to Genting with a load of about 150 kg to the amazement of my friend who drove a Honda Civic 2.2L A/T up there. I remember he asked me whether my wife's Wira would be able to make it and even suggested we took a cable car to go up there. I dare say from my experience the Exora M/T carrying a load of 300 kg will be able to climb up to Genting. How easily and fast it can do it I can't say, though.

csho - 16/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Exora on Genting   Hi, 1st time into this forum after my friend advise me since I asked him what's his opinion on Exora like value for money, performance, FC etc... I've been P1 users for 16 years. Fan? Probably not but mainly due to $$$ value for money [;)] Contemplating between 76K Exora CPS vs 60K Persona IAFM & I've to agree going up Genting is 1 of the benchmark even though I don't frequent (once a year) but when I want to go up the vehicle I'm getting has to make it! Reason anybody getting MPV is because to accomodate more than 5 person. Even though my family size is only 4 but there are times that I said "how I wish I've a MPV" when there are more than 5 to cramp in. After 4 pages sad to say no live feedback from actual owner but instead hearsay. With due respect journalist review can't be taken 100%. I'm sure there are people who has drove (tried) up Genting & contribute to this forum. Till then...

ML1710p - 31/07/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by pipylim
zorro, Yes... I very AGREE with what you said They always compare to other MORE Expensive model u know some of my friend even compare "SATRIA NEO CPS" with "Civic Type R" NEO CPS = RM58K Civic Type R = RM199K [B)] then my ans to them is "Orange to Orange, Apple to Apple" but i would happy too if 1day proton have the car can be compare to Civic Type R *************************************************************************I wonder will Proton have an event that use EXORA bring up "Customer" to genting?[:D]
People who compare apples to oranges should be --censored------ [:D]

pipylim - 31/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:Exora on Genting   zorro, Yes... I very AGREE with what you said They always compare to other MORE Expensive model u know some of my friend even compare "SATRIA NEO CPS" with "Civic Type R" NEO CPS = RM58K Civic Type R = RM199K [B)] then my ans to them is "Orange to Orange, Apple to Apple" but i would happy too if 1day proton have the car can be compare to Civic Type R *************************************************************************I wonder will Proton have an event that use EXORA bring up "Customer" to genting?[:D]