Exora
Exora
Proton > Exora > Air Con Problem View modes: 
sento - 15/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   Not all of the first 7000 have problems with the sensor. Really depends on luck. When I changed the sensor two weeks ago at Patco, the service admin mentioned that they have changed about 70 exoras. Also, all nationwide authorised Patco service centres are already trained to service the exora's aircon.

kruzer88 - 14/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   still no recall from Proton? Can't bear the consequences of their latest baby having quality problems?

AP 1 - 13/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   Sento, some good info you got from the Patco. A smart move you went there straight to seek help, save not only you the agony of having to go to SC a few times but that of the guys at the SCs also. To be fair, had you brought your Exora air-cond problem to any air conditioner service technician, based on my experience, I think he would have a hard time finding a solution to it. The knowledge of the faulty temperature sensor is privy to the technicians of Patco and this has made them look good to you. In my opinion, somebody at the top management level of Proton should be blamed for this faulty temperature issue if the figure 7000 you disclosed is indeed true. He should have had disseminated the fact of the faulty temperature sensors to all the SCs. Failure to do so reflects badly on the quality of Proton cars and, worse still, renders the technicians/mechanics and Proton car owners victims of a circumstance like this. [:(!][V]

sento - 12/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   Sent my Exora to the Patco factory at Shah Alam to repair the aircon. No point going to SC as they will take 3-4 visits to diagnose it. Got to know from another forum to go to Patco directly. Seems the first 7000 batch has faulty temperature sensor. It's just a simple device, a small box, size like 2 x matchbox size. The service admin said it cost less than RM50. It belongs to another supplier. They have since changed it for the new batch of exoras. Those with a blue dot are the old ones, and new ones come with pink dot. The technician at Patco are an experienced lot. They remove and install the dashboards skillfully. Total takes between 2-3 hours. Luckily there's TV and nice sofa in the waiting room. The technicians and admin staff are quite friendly too. First they have to remove almost the entire dashboard, as they have to pull out the dashboard just enough to remove the aircon coil and blower. The sensor is located together with the coil. These are the signs of sensor failure - they explain that when the sensor fails, then air becomes so cold as the aircon is unable to monitor/control the temperature. That cold air causes the coil to be so cold and ice built up. That is why there's very weak air coming out from the vents as the ice blocked the air, and it smells due to stagnant ice. Also lots of water can be seen on the ground when you turn off the engine as the ice will then melt. Also they said the exora's second blower for the rear seats, is located on the rear left side, just above the rear wheel. Another tip from them: there isn't really a need to service the aircon. Only thing that may need servicing is to clean the coils. But if taken good care, no need to service at all. How to DIY? Two things: by simply cleaning the filter located under the glove compartment, and cleaning the car mat regularly. Reason is dust from the mat will be sucked up to the aircon under the glove compartment. That's why keeping both mat and filter clean is the most effective way to keep the aircon in good condition.

csho - 07/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   air-cond is very cold. did not switch on rear blower & passengers in 2nd row even ask to turn the temparature up. oops, this is not a problem. wrong thread.

sento - 27/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   Now my Exora has the same problem as hafeez. Very weak air coming out eventhough fan speed is at 3 or 4. The problem will surface after driving for approx 10 mins. After driving a while (maybe 20 mins later) it's back to normal. Or after letting the car rest for a few hours, it'll be OK. Caused me to cancel a planned outstation trip next weekend. Sigh.... And it is still bloody cold as the temperature control is faulty.

sento - 10/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   My Exora now has aircon problem. Its temperature control does not seem to function. The temperature remains the same (very cold) regardless of the direction the dial is turned to. It's still very cold when fully turned to the right (clockwise). Also, there is a chemical smell every 1-2 minutes. This is apparent when using the recir mode. No smell when in fresh mode. Took to SC, and they say they don't know the cause of the problem. They want me to leave the vehicle there for a full day for them to dismantle the dashboard to check underneath it. This shows that they are inexperienced and do not know how to diagnose aircon problem. Experience technician will be able to at least provide some possible scenarios by "feeling" and "smelling". So, knowing these SCs, most likely if I leave the car there for one day, then they will ask me to bring it again another day to meet with the aircon vendor for fixing, etc... What a waste of time! Can anyone suggest a proton edar SC that is skillful in fixing aircon?

CFA - 02/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem  
quote:
Originally posted by Hafeez
Hi everyone, I have a 5 weeks old m-line exora. last few days i noticed that the air-con is acting strangly. after driving awhile, i notice that the air cond has stop blowing eventhough you can feel the cold air near the outlet. i turned to full blast (no 4) after that the air con turns back to normal ie blowing cold air plus the misty vapour coming out. today was the same problem - after driving awhile the air con ceased blowing, but after repeating the above step it turns ok Is there something wrong with my air-con?
Check out last week CBT. Made some comments regarding the air-cond flaps that seem to close by itself after parking under the sun. Suggest that u e-mail to i.care (if u have not done so) so that there is some offical record of your problems.

Hafeez - 01/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem   Found out the problem is with the Thermo Amplifier (PW950066). Apparently quite a few customers are having the same problem. Already made appointment with PATCO at Shah Alam.

sento - 01/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Air Con Problem  
quote:
Originally posted by Hafeez
Found out the problem is with the Thermo Amplifier (PW950066). Apparently quite a few customers are having the same problem. Already made appointment with PATCO at Shah Alam.
PATCO - the aircon manufacturer... Why must you go to them? Can't they fix your car at the SC? After doing some fixings on my Exora, I realised that the SC likes to call the vendor to fix problems that crops up, especially if that particular SC have not experienced fixing a particular problem. Do update here once you fixed the problem ya... Company Profile FACTORY & OFFICE : Lot 2, Jalan Ragum 15/17 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan Malaysia Tel : 603-55119550 Fax : 603-55108707 INCORPORATED : February 1970 PAID-UP-CAPITAL : RM 15,000,000 (US$6,100,000) AREA : Land - 20,234 sq m (Factory - 1,858 sq m) NO. OF EMPLOYEES : 180 (JAN 2003) SHAREHOLDERS : Malaysian Bumiputra - 80% Foreign (Calsonic Kansei. Japan) - 20% MAIN CUSTOMERS : Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Berhad (PROTON) Usahasama Proton & Diversified Resources Bhd (USPD) Daihatsu Malaysia Bhd Volvo Malaysia BUSINESS ACTIVITIES : Design & Develop HVAC System Manufacture Heat Exchanges (Evaporator & Condenser) A/Cond Set Assembly & Assemble A/Cond Compressor Install and Service Automotive Air-Cond TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE : Calsonic Corporation, Japan www.calsonic.co.jp

1 2