Exora
Exora
Proton > Exora > Masalah Absorber telah diatasi View modes: 
sento - 18/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi  
quote:
Originally posted by OneGod
Sento, Try for a couple of days and see the knocking sound at the front suspension come back or not. Since you mention that they replace using the same parts. It make no sense, replace the same part solve the problem. Please update us....Thank you.
So far till today (4 days later) no more sound from absorber and center console. Looks like it works! Absorber sound - they replace using the same type of rubber insulator (I saw it with my own eyes). It looks like a big rubber ring (to slip into the springs) but maybe the new parts is made from different raw material as what p_eYno said. Or maybe the inclusion of the bump stopper (this item i did not see it originally on the car, maybe it's a new item). Still have soft whistling sound from aircon. Only happen once a while, more apparent when fan speed at 3 or 4.

Hafeez - 18/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   Yup....my 3 weeks old Exora have the same tak-tak sound whenever I go over a bump. So, the advice is to make appointment with I-Care first. Will do that. Thanks for the info

sento - 14/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi  
quote:
Originally posted by sento
What muryadi pasted here is correct regarding that not all SCs can do it. Only Proton Edar SC. As I put my ride at PE SC yesterday for a whole day to fix the airbag cover and brake pump, I also took opportunity to get them fix some things, as below: 1. Sound from absorber (tak-tak sound) - SC not willing to change things yet as they want to test it further eventhough I told them about the parts as recommended by the writer Bpboy. 2. Tek-Tek sound from behind the aircon - SC confirmed it's from the solenoid valve. They will change it at the next visit after I have made next visit appointment. 3. Driver door hard to open - adjusted the hook (at the body). Now earsier to open like the rest of the doors. 4. Coolant overflow tank (spare tank) cap cannot be closed. Seems the mount of the container is faulty. Will replace at next visit as SC do not have stock. 5. Rubber at the bottom of the windscreen (outside, left corner) is loose. Need replacement. Will replace at next visit as SC do not have stock. 6. Front left passenger seat belt casing got rattling noise. Hard to diagnose as no sound when test drive with technician and foreman. Sigh.... Btw, SC says the absorber and solenoid sound is already in Proton's "campaign" list, meaning it is now a confirmed problem on most Exoras. Looks like they do not keep a single unit of any spare parts for Exora, even when there are so many similar complaints by all Exora owners? Why is that? They should have keep buffer of the "hot" items. Such a big hassle, have to make multiple trips just to get things replaced. Are they earning "commission" for more jobs done? Maybe DSZ can do something...
Left my Exora at SC for the entire day yesterday and this is what they had fixed/diagnose, which the first two items are also done by the protonexora.com.my forumer Bpboy: 1. Knocking sound at the front suspension when going over bumps - fixed by installing bump stopper (part # PW 827060) and changing the rubber insulator (part # PW826668). The rubber insulator is to fit at the bottom of the springs. Funny thing is that the original insulator is not damaged, then why is the sound there in the first place? Poor quality material? If yes, then new part should also be the same material, isn't it.... 2. Tak-Tak sound behind the center console - this is caused by the solenoid in the engine bay - fixed by changing the rubber holder (part # PW895223). Is this also because of quality problem? Mmm... 3. Center air vent whistling sound - fixed it by adjusting the air vent. But no idea what they did to it. 4. Corner black pastic part of the windscreen (garnish) is actually not faulty as the new part still does not fit nicely. Suspect the faulty part to be the center garnish - the long one. To replace it when part arrives. 5. Steering wheel rubbing noise when turning 180 degrees - fixed by adjusting steering wheel layout and steering column. 6. New problem - left headlights got mist condensed inside - to replace it when part arrives.

OneGod - 14/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   Sento, Try for a couple of days and see the knocking sound at the front suspension come back or not. Since you mention that they replace using the same parts. It make no sense, replace the same part solve the problem. Please update us....Thank you.

p_eYno - 14/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   actual the material is different..the defect is uneven hardness something like that.. maybe they change to new type of raw mtrl

scgtimk1 - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   IMHO for me working in the auto industry. I can understand why proton cannot keep stock. The Exora demand is soo good the vendor manufacturing is kinda in max capacity right now as they recently laid off workers during the recession. So it is difficult right now for proton to ask vendor to increase output suddenly when they didn't have enough manpower. be patient i think when demand get steady a bit (maybe after raya) you will get plenty of spares. P/S.. if you don't believe me ask your friend in auto industry. From last month onwards demand for new cars increased so much that many supplier/vendor maxed out their capacity.

sento - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   What muryadi pasted here is correct regarding that not all SCs can do it. Only Proton Edar SC. As I put my ride at PE SC yesterday for a whole day to fix the airbag cover and brake pump, I also took opportunity to get them fix some things, as below: 1. Sound from absorber (tak-tak sound) - SC not willing to change things yet as they want to test it further eventhough I told them about the parts as recommended by the writer Bpboy. 2. Tek-Tek sound from behind the aircon - SC confirmed it's from the solenoid valve. They will change it at the next visit after I have made next visit appointment. 3. Driver door hard to open - adjusted the hook (at the body). Now earsier to open like the rest of the doors. 4. Coolant overflow tank (spare tank) cap cannot be closed. Seems the mount of the container is faulty. Will replace at next visit as SC do not have stock. 5. Rubber at the bottom of the windscreen (outside, left corner) is loose. Need replacement. Will replace at next visit as SC do not have stock. 6. Front left passenger seat belt casing got rattling noise. Hard to diagnose as no sound when test drive with technician and foreman. Sigh.... Btw, SC says the absorber and solenoid sound is already in Proton's "campaign" list, meaning it is now a confirmed problem on most Exoras. Looks like they do not keep a single unit of any spare parts for Exora, even when there are so many similar complaints by all Exora owners? Why is that? They should have keep buffer of the "hot" items. Such a big hassle, have to make multiple trips just to get things replaced. Are they earning "commission" for more jobs done? Maybe DSZ can do something...

muryadi - 08/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   OneGod, Perhaps you don't understand malay from the info.. It does mentioned that not all SC can provide the service. I think it's better for you, try to contact I-care for clearer picture.. Hope this'll help.. As for myself I haven't received mine yet...still waiting...

OneGod - 08/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   Would Proton do a recall to all Exora to fix the problems which mention here??? Can all Proton SC do it? Or this just case to case basis which need to go back to COE Proton??

muryadi - 07/08/2009 0:00:00

Masalah Absorber telah diatasi   If I may, just like to share something... Masalah Absorber telah diatasi « on: August 04, 2009, 03:21:24 PM » Salam sahabat Exora semua, Semalam 3 Ogos saya telah pergi ke COE Proton servis di Subang Jaya sama dgn Lan rambai buat tempohari iaitu selepas dipanggil oleh pihak Proton I-care hasil dari laporan melalui emal pasal bunyi absorber. 1. Bunyi Klok pada kedua-dua absorber depan - Tindakan ialah memasang Bump Stopper dan Insulator pada kedua-dua absorber. (Part number PW826668 - Insulator Front Upper Protector dan PW827060 - Bump Stopper ) Hasilnya sudah tiada bunyi klok walaupun melanggar Bump.- OK 2. Bunyi tek-tek dekat blower depan aircond - Bunyi tersebut bukan datang dari sistem aicond tetapi berpunca dari tapak pemegang hos minyak di ruang enjin depan. - Tindakan ialah menukar Pludge Valve Rubber (part No.PW895223 - Rubber Holder Solenoid Valve). Hasilnya sudah tiada lagi bunyi tek-tek.- OK 3. Minyak kuat sangat - Tidakan ialah membuat tuning pada sistem enjin - Hasilnya minyak dapat jimat.- OK 4. Pemegang pintu sebelah pemandu ketat - Tindakan adjust dan letak minyak pada sistem pintu - Hasilnya mudah dibuka . OK Kepada rakan Exora - maklumat yang saya terima dari COE iaitu sebarang masalah yang berkaitan absorber perlulah merujuk ke servis utama Proton setiap negeri atau hubungi Proron i-care melalui emel atau telefon.. Ini kerana wakil servis belum lagi mempunyai komponen dan kelousyan dalam penukaran peralatan tersebut. Harap maklumat diatas dapat membantu rakan yang masih tercari-cari punca masalah seperti di atas. Merci, kap kun krap, Bpboy http://protonexora.com.my/forum/index.php?topic=493.0

1 2