Savvy
Savvy
Proton > Savvy > New gearbox for my Savvy AMT View modes: 
tsfatt - 01/05/2010 0:00:00

RE:New gearbox for my Savvy AMT   Hello, for those who have change AMT set ... did u face amt problem again??? b'cos mine when new car ..there was amt oil leaking when collect the car (new car) which I dont know after till service top up then realize amt oil leaking but repaired at that time. after almost 3 years .. at last week ..amt hair wired, gear jump up & down. this monday 26apr send car to COE Wednesday collect the car, it take RM11K (whole set AMT) to repair, but luckily still under warranty. According to mechanic it should be ok from now, so I wonder for AMT issue is it b'cos due to ... used wrong oil at the 1st place, like my case drive the car with empty amt oil when new .. that's why after 2-3 years AMT "kapus" ... Anyone after change the AMT unit then spoil again??

bukitrimau1 - 21/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:New gearbox for my Savvy AMT   To know more about Savvy AMt matter, read the link and join in the group to fight for our rights! http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32468

lesung - 17/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:New gearbox for my Savvy AMT   hai semua, disini saya ingin bertanya savy jenis amt pakai clucth plate ke?jika ye?berapa harga untuk clucth plate tu?dan sc mana yg menberikan servis yg terbaik dan tahu buat kerja serta mekaniknya yg sememangnye berpengalaman dlm kereta jenia savy amt?atau pun kedai renault ade jual clucth plate utk savy amt?berapa harga dan dimana?saya tggl di serdang sekian terima kaseh

public - 13/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:New gearbox for my Savvy AMT   i suspect when proton assembled the car, they must have poured the wrong grade of gear oil, causing it to fail within such a short period. like you've said, its a nice car to drive despite the small engine displacement. btw, I notice that the new clutch actuator is slightly larger than the old one. did renault issue any recall but proton did not replace it for all savvys?

public - 12/10/2009 0:00:00

New gearbox for my Savvy AMT   Hi all, Just to share my story about my Savvy. The transmission warning light came out some months ago, probably 2-3 months back. The automatic mode refused to run and I sent it to the authorised proton service center in bukit puchong. To my disappointment, they ask me to go Proton Edar Puchong Jaya or Centre of Excellence. [xx(][xx(] But somehow the warning light went off and everything is back to normal. Then, almost 1 month back, the clutch actuator started leaking badly. I refilled at least 200-300ml worth of clutch fluid and it ran normally. Again, I sent the car to the same service center in bukit puchong and ask them to inspect the car. They told me to make an appointment with CoSE to get it fixed. Sequence of events: 2/10/09 Friday : I sent the car to CoSE. The service advisor En Hafiz took my car and promised to be repaired by Tuesday evening. 5/10/09 Monday : On Monday evening, I called up and they said the part is delayed till Tuesday morning. [xx(] 6/10/09 Tuesday : Called them again and was told the clutch actuator was replaced but the car got stranded by Kesas Highway during a test drive. The warning light came out again and the car refused to move even an inch. Somehow, they managed to bring the car back without towing. [:p] 7/10/09 Wednesday : SA En Hafiz called up and said they will replace the whole gearbox and related parts FOC (under warranty). Parts will only arrive on Thursday evening [xx(] 8/10/09 - 9/10/09 Thursday : SA called up to report on the progress. [:)][:)] 10/10/09 Friday : En Hafiz called up around 4pm and informed the car is ready for collection. 11/10/09 Saturday : Collected the car. Only paid RM15 for some fuse (not covered under warranty). Overall, my experince with Proton is [:D][:D][:D] No questions asked and car is back to tip top condition. No more jerking now. Gears can engage within 1/2 a second. Cool!

bukitrimau1 - 12/10/2009 0:00:00

RE:New gearbox for my Savvy AMT   Happy for your warranted repaired AMT, Lucky of you it is under warranty ( That's good about Proton) they will change and change for you when it under warranty. But it is indirectly our money? You paid only RM15.00, but the actual repair cost proton, thousand of dollars! I did mine too - not the whole gear box but the actuator assy = RM15k!!! [:D][:D][:D] Also under warranty, but after that warranty [|)][|)][|)]- (now over already) so hope it dont get spoiled Other than this AMT problem, Savvy is a good car like the French air cond compressor is real cold, and the Renault engine is damn good - Really no problem at all. Just my 2 cts.