Waja
Waja
Proton > Waja > How To Upgrade Waja Performance View modes: 
bsa - 17/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   u can dismantle ur centre box,and can feel smooth when pick up and save fuel.u oso can change cam pulley,exhaust system,spark plug,etc.

skng03 - 21/07/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance  
quote:
Originally posted by mika29
The concept is easy. The car combustion system using a mixture of fuel and air(oxygen) to burn. So, if we increase the air, the easier the fuel to be burn.
more air with same amount of fuel = leaning the mix. lean mix is difficult to ignite than programmed stoichometric ratio. anyway, the o2 sensor at exhaust will pick up & feed back to the ECU to adjust accordingly, the AFR will go back to normal [8D]

public - 20/07/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   Hi JK Waja, you can check at this link of Speedworks of PJ Branch contact details. http://www.speedworks.com.my/v2/contact.asp Open pod air filter allows more air flow to intake due to it's mushroom design and it locates outsides from the OEM factory air filter box. But it can get dirty in long term and here the cleaning of air filter is must. You can just let the shops like the Speedworks to clean for you but there's charge for it. Usually, after they clean it, they apply some oil specially used for the air filter. Open pod air filter is good for manual cars like yours. That air filter will gives you about 3 to 6 Bhp to your car. This can futher increase to another 5 Bhp to the car by changing to the Hotbit extractor and exhaust system. You should plan your budget for it. To change to K&N open pod air filter, It will cost RM200++ plus another amount for air intake kit(depending on what material you choose). Silicon type air intake hose is good as it can withstand the engine heat but a set of the hose with heat shield aluminium for K&N air pod might cost about RM 400-500 plus another RM200++ for the K&N air pod filter. It is a good investment as it will increase your acceleration, engine smoothness, reduce fuel consumption and some other benefits. The concept is easy. The car combustion system using a mixture of fuel and air(oxygen) to burn. So, if we increase the air, the easier the fuel to be burn. Most of time, the fuel in the combustion is not 100% clean burn. So, there will be some waste of this unburn fuel and this may increase the fuel consumption in your car. That's why company like K&N comes with the material of air filter which allows more air flow than the OEM paper type air filter. First, you should put the voltage stabilizer and the grounding first. Then you may put the K&N air filter. You can seek advice from the Speedworks company. They are experts in the engine modification.

public - 19/07/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   hi, mika. and thanks for your advise. maybe i will go for it and install the voltage stabiliser and grounding and change the original air filter to k&n filter. but any different between k&n stock filter and k&n open pod filter? and where can i get the cheapest and reasonable price of k&n air filter? any k&n authorise dealer in kl or pj? in my memory, i saw a shop which is selling k&n filter at jalan pudu long long time ago, nut now don know where they move to? any waja minor modification to increase horsepower, please advise me. i will be apprecite your advise. actually i'm driving a 1.6 manual waja. thanks mika.

public - 18/07/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   so talking about the ecu reprogramming. where can i do this reprogramming at KL or pj? how much it cost and how much horsepower can be gain from that reprogramming? currently i'm driving waja, but the waja feel like underpower, and very heavy too. please advise anyone. thanks.

public - 18/07/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   Message Preview Hi JK Waja, please read columns from my feedback. First thing, you may install the voltage stabilizer and grounding. Then, you can change you OEM air filter to K&N air filter. From there, you may see the differents. Waja with Mitsubhishi engine has a good torque response. But, it is underpowered due to the waja chassis weight as 1205kg for auto version. But, with the installation of voltage stabilizer and grounding, you can see the differents in acceleration. Plus, with the K&N air filter, the car will have extra 3 to 6 Bhp in performance.

public - 02/07/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   IMO, the best and effective way of mode for power is ECU Programming. It changes the Air/Fuel Ratio Maps and Ignition Timing Maps of the ECU and can easily gain 10-15% power.

squareballs - 30/06/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   change k & N filter... 4-2-1 extractor remove catalytic converter to center bullet change to a quite S flow Muffler.. confirm increase performance.. a good voltage stabilizer and grounding will help too//

public - 26/06/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   Hi Grorycom, You can look at Brothers shop for the air filter. There are many brands of filter in those shops. But, I recommend you to use the K&N air filter as it comes with guarantee and some shops provide the air filter wash for the open pod type air filter as this type can get dirty in a period of usage due to dust and dirt particles in air. Please survey some shop if they provide the cleaning of air filter if you're not sure you can DIY by yourself. As the cleaning process is consist of chemical usage as you need to buy. If these shops do the cleaning, they only charge you for around RM20-30.00plus for a time which you may do for once a year. Open pod air filter is good but it may get dirt in a period of time (depending the dirt on the filter) and you need to wash as I mentioned above. It is important to avoid the engine compartment from getting dirty if the filter dirty. There are other brands of air filter that you can get as low as Rm90plus and below but I prefer the K&N air filter due to it's recognized for it's quality, reliability and service plus warranty. But you have to spend Rm200plus with another investment for the air kit for the air pod filter. Make sure you install the the air kit with the special cover to prevent the hot air from engine to get into the filter. This cover make sure you only get the cool air as the hot air is not as efficient as the cold and clean air in the fuel burning process. That's why there are CAI(Cool Air Intake) hose for the factory standard air filter to prevent the hot air getting into the filter.

public - 23/06/2007 0:00:00

RE:How To Upgrade Waja Performance   But i think pod air filter is hard to get ,rite Mika?