Waja
Waja
Proton > Waja > Waja Campro..... View modes: 
neoli18 - 08/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   from what i learnt, the Campro ECU is designed in such a way. there are some AI which learn about yout your style of driving and keep the record until someone with differet style of driving comes and drive the car. not as smart as BMW by-key-detection though, but i see it as improvement. Campro in gen-2 auto is similar too, because i have driven in one. but for me, i prefer manual tranny, no such problem as that AI. sometimes technology disable us from doing what we want, plus the place where i work got no traffic jem ;-

enoch - 07/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   Hi Alan, You've got to understand that the Campro is a high rev engine which means it produces its peak torque at a much higher RPM compared to the previous Mitsu Waja. If you take a look at the technical specs of both Waja's, you'd realize that the Campro Waja has a slightly faster 0-100 km/h acceleration time compared to the Mitsu Waja although in real life it seems otherwise. The Mitsu Waja produces its peak torque at 2750 RPM which means as soon as the engine reaches 2750 RPM, you can feel the torque kicking in however for the Campro, you need to bring up the rev to 4000 RPM before the peak torque kicks in. This is what many drivers fail to understand and thus find the Campro underpowered. Ofcourse by bringing the engine to higher revs, it eats a little into the fuel economy of the car but if you want to obtain good acceleration with a high rev engine, thats the way to go about it. High rev engine are designed more for for high speed stability where there is less vibration and the engine runs smoother at high speeds. However the downside is you need to rev it up higher to obtain the peak torque during acceleration. If you were to drive it the conventional way, naturally the car would feel underpowered as it's not able to reach the point where the peak torque kicks in. As for your complain on the gearbox, the reason it downshifts when you're going downhill is for safety reasons. By running on a lower gear, engine braking is done thus reducing the need for you to step continuously on the brake pedal which could cause the brake pads to overheat and fade in their braking power. By the way, running at a lower gear while going downhill does not affect handling but infact improves it as you have more grip and traction. The maximum brake horspower is not necessarily taken at the higest gear so you've got to check with the dyno testers at what gear it was recorded. Generally, an automatic car wouldn't give you the same degree of freedom and power as a manual car but I belive its convinience outwieghts most of its shortcomings. The Waja's automatic gearbox is a relatively simple one with a few standard programmings compared to other more advance gearboxes that make use of fuzzy logic technology to make them more adpative to road conditions and driving style. However, once you've got accustomed to its shifting pattern, things shouldn't be too bad. Hope this helps! PS: A small tip, if you really feel the need for speed and want to be a little aggresive, put the gear in 2 and rev it till it reaches 5000 RPM then upshift to 3, pull it all the way to 5000 RPM and then move it to D. You'd be suprise how agile it feels!

Slingshot - 07/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   How often you drive on Karak highway..everyday?..once a week?.. once a month? If everyday ..then you ought to be pissed off... Try remapping the ACU (I think its ACU or something like Auto Trans Control Unit..I am not sure) If you are travelling on that road once amonth... just bear with it lah coz maybe the campro is designed like that for a reason.
quote:
Originally posted by alanckfoo
come on guy, im here to ask for help, not blame by all of u, pls.....according to them (eon service), the campro engine is design in such a way, dont know who is the stupid designer......base on my opinion, this is not the campro engine concept loh, this is the cacat engine design.....any expert pls help

scud - 06/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   Ok..ok..i'll help you.To get the max. low end torque, just fix a turbo lor.[:D]

scud - 06/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   Well...blamed it on yourself!You should come to this forum before you buy the car.Sigh....another victim.[:(]

archi - 06/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   campro engine are being famous for having weak low eng torque...next time pick up time try flooring the pedal till 3k rpm it might help a little.

public - 06/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:Waja Campro.....   hahaha...
quote:
Originally posted by scud
Well...blamed it on yourself!You should come to this forum before you buy the car.Sigh....another victim.[:(]

RE:Waja Campro.....   U car is still under WARRANTY. Please go to U vendor's specified SERVICE CENTRE nearby for warranty claim. -Peter-

RE:Waja Campro.....   come on guy, im here to ask for help, not blame by all of u, pls.....according to them (eon service), the campro engine is design in such a way, dont know who is the stupid designer......base on my opinion, this is not the campro engine concept loh, this is the cacat engine design.....any expert pls help

public - 05/01/2007 0:00:00

Waja Campro.....   i had bough waja campro 1.6 auto one month ago. When taiking about handling, 1)Highway like NKVE-stable and good handling 2)Karak highway-the campro engine will automatically turn to lower gear when the car detected the speed below 90km/hours with downhill condition (the speed limit for the road is 90km/hours)suffering.....due to this features, when talk about fuel-fuel consumption increase, risk for gearbox failure increase,comfortable drop, handling more danger and difficult when downhill, pick up....terrible under power as rpm cant reach to more than 5000rmp if you use D function...dont forget, proton claim that the car can up to 110 hps at 6000 rpm......!!!! So, which expect can provide me the solution for solving this stupid automatic campro engine.anything change can solve this problem??

1 2