Wira
Wira
Proton > Wira > How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine? View modes: 
Erwen - 02/04/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   How about for Auto 1.5, any recommendation?

skng03 - 16/03/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?  
quote:
Originally posted by Slingshot Just buy a Suzuki Jimny fuel filter (RM 4.00) and fix it in between the two.
mr slings, where u got it at rm4.00? i fix this filter to all my car & i own a jimny too. how frequence u change this filter er??

Slingshot - 16/03/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   yah Rainy is right..... as long as the fuel filter has the "IN" and "OUT" at opposite position..is better. If you have the "IN" and "OUT" one on top of another then you will have difficulties in routing the hoses...no a big problem,but why wanna trouble yourself when there is easy way out. For my Wira 1.6 I use the Bosch fuel filter meant for Merc (RM6.00) much easier.... straight forward one.The "IN" and "OUT" is both at the top and bottom,it is very small and built quality is much better. How frequent to change I am not sure because this is not a standard thing. This filter is just to filter vapourised engine oil and it won't happen all the time like the fuel supply.So it might stay clean for a longer time. Anyway if you see it is a bit darker in colour..just change it lor...RM 4.00 and RM 6.00 only maa.

its_raining - 16/03/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   actually its not specified only suzuki Jimny...u can also use a kancil or any fuel filter thats have about the same look...go any sparepart shop...u can get rm4 for it.

Slingshot - 13/03/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   Yes right ...they do the carbon cleaning of the throttle body.They tune with the MUT (Multi Utility Tester) Its a process of cleaning it just cleaning a carburator...but changing the internal screw I am not sure lah blade....which screw is that? Whre does it fixed? I already install a filter at the breather hose. This is to capture the vapourised oil from the engine cover(rocker cover) to escape into the air flow system. If you see there will be a hose joint between the rocker cover to the air intake hose just before the throttle body. Just buy a Suzuki Jimny fuel filter (RM 4.00) and fix it in between the two. I didn;t cut the original hose but I kept it. I bought new hose which is damn cheap and just cut to size and shape. This helps from the throttle body getting dirty easily.

blade99 - 12/03/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   I had the same problem with my Wira 1.5GLi 2001. U have to service the throttle body and and change one screw inside t/body. The screw control the air mixture and timing (if not mistaken). Then need to do tuning using mmc tuner. That's the only machine that can detect error and delete it from the system. If manual tuning surely cannot get right until u DELETE the error unsing that machine. That proton guy told me that machine itself cost RM20k. Tuning charge around RM80 at EON Service Centre. Lepas tu your car will feel like new again. Better acceleration and better F/C. Go do fast before your car getting worst. Kolek me if I'm wrong

Soperas - 16/02/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   Hi there I also having a wira 1.5 auto which having the same problem BUt i think my wan i worse cause b4 this my AUTO car can die off by itself when push to D or Reverse but after i have brought in to one of the authorize work shop to tune then is way better moreover they give me a 10000 warrant good deal rite [:)]

its_raining - 07/02/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   [:)]

Slingshot - 03/02/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   hhmmm I think even at the SC with some special electronic device which is actually a logger can read and erase error codes and change some default settings. The tuning of an engine process is actually minimizing the production of Carbon Monoxide(CO gas which is harmful and hazardous)as the cause of an incomplete combustion. A complete combustion must actually produce small amount of water together with some other gas which I can't remember now. Thats why its best if you can see some water flying out of your exhaust tailpipe when you idle your car in the morning. The old tuning system where they insert a long copper pipe with a hose and it goes to a machine with a CO indicator. Present engine technology is,they already install a CO sensor at the exhaust manifold.You can see a small thing like a spark plug screwed into the exhaust manifold and there will a wire running out from it.This sensor will check the CO emmission and relates the data back to the ECU and the ECU will adjust electronically the firing timing and also fuel mixture as to minimize the CO emmission. So its kind of Auto tuning.It tunes itself every now and then. That is why they said the newer cars cannot be tuned... So nowadays Razo cannot cari makan already hehehhehe [:D]

Starz - 02/02/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   U better send your car back to Proton Service Center or try to find workshop with Electronic Tuning device and ask for Engine tuning, will cost roughly about RM80-100 for basic tuning.
quote:
Originally posted by whis
my wira was sent to outside shop tune...... now when running the RPM will at 1300... but when i stop the car, the RPM will drop to normal 800. how to settle this? before this the RPM too low, i sent to wash the total body and tune...