Wira
Wira
Proton > Wira > How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine? View modes: 
whis - 01/02/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   my wira was sent to outside shop tune...... now when running the RPM will at 1300... but when i stop the car, the RPM will drop to normal 800. how to settle this? before this the RPM too low, i sent to wash the total body and tune...

Slingshot - 09/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   hehehe masalahnya semua benda ni pusing balik tembak poket kita.... binawe betul.

its_raining - 08/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?  
Originally posted by Slingshot
Quest ..Chris is right...the latest Wiras tend to eat plug faster ...can't even last to 10K mileage.They not only eat plugs but also the plug cable. i think aaahhh the wise version they kasi kuat the minyak/api keluar to tembak the plug..thats y wise is more power compare with normal wira besides the ekzos...n thats y wise is more kuat minyak compare with the ori wira....
[:p][:p] and the best part is that we cannot adjust the ecu to kasi slow itu minyak tembak...itulah yg i dengar dr my foreman la...

shaipul - 07/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   My wira 1.6 got ignition problem it was related ti the ECU. i can't start the engine untill the "check engine" turn off. Normally i can start easyly with out the 'check engin' turn off. It's happend seldomly. I have send to machanic to scan the engin and they said the 'knock sensor' was konggg. it will cost me RM170 for the new one. i ask then not to change. on they way home. i drop by to junk shop.. it was suprise me that they not install to the japanese engin..... any expert know to save my money

Slingshot - 07/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   Quest You problem maybe is the throttle body.....I think its dirty. Just go to a normal workshop and ask them to clean. Also try replacing the spark plug. When was the last you changed your plugs?..Chris is right...the latest Wiras tend to eat plug faster ...can't even last to 10K mileage.They not only eat plugs but also the plug cable.
quote:
Originally posted by quest
I have a stupid question but maybe not so easy to answer. Got a Wira '02 model that even mechanic can't tune or adjust timing. Standard engine with efi apparently without adjustment valve/screw for air-fuel mixture. RPM too low at start-up. Distributor no longer adjustable for timing adjustment. A check with Proton service agents, they claim even they don't know how to tune and time the engine. Help please, I heard something can still be done, advise me.

Slingshot - 07/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   Saipul...my wira 1.6 already 10 years old...and all this while I never start my car before the "engine start" goes off. If even I would have start the car or some stupid mechanic did that due to time factor..it would be less than 20 times maybe. This are the consequences you will face when you start your car before the 'engine check" goes off. What is a knock sensor?.....what it controls?

black@wise - 09/10/2006 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by maverick22
black, i hvnt done anything for my throttle body yet..coz..think of sell of the car jan 07 and get a small mpv such as matrix beg 2007..
y sellin on jan'07? wouldn't de market price will be better on dec'06 than jan'07? m noobie.. just asking.. [:)]

public - 06/10/2006 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   black, i hvnt done anything for my throttle body yet..coz..think of sell of the car jan 07 and get a small mpv such as matrix beg 2007..

quest - 05/10/2006 0:00:00

RE:How to tune a Wira 1.5 engine?   I think throttle body is one answer. Read in other post. Since everything is controlled by the ECU which basically means "we can do NUTS about it", ECUs are usually reliable. But ECUs only control the components in the car and engine, ie. fuel injectors, distributors, timing and nowadays air-fuel mixtures, with all other things being equal, the only variables are the components the ECU manages. So theoretically, the most likely cause for "bad timing" will be fuel system (injectors, throttle valve body, fuel filter) and spark plugs. I'll check that with my chinaman mechanic. Thanks again for feedback.

black@wise - 05/10/2006 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by maverick22
this is the 1st time i enter any forum..rgding the engine tuning, i hv try mine (maybe i should call it as 'timing tuning'). there's kinda equipment plug thru cable to a box under our steering, it can detect our engine timing (low or high). Then another technician will manually adjust the timing bolt at the engine while the equipment will show reading. it works for my car, smoother engine and better acceleration but after 6 months, timing again low..cost me RM75.
that stuff is called MUT.. hey mav, have u tried cleaning ur throttle body?