Wira
Wira
Proton > Wira > gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto View modes: 
Slingshot - 12/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   Darren I guess most likely your clutch plate is already worn out. Just replace them and service your GB...that will be good enough. As Twilight advised...never straight away jump to conclusion that th GB need to be replaced...actually thats a shortcut used by mechanics to save lots of time and get extra money. I heard there is one mitsu GB expert...I dono detail. New clutch plate set may cost you around RM500 per set and there are 3 sets. You buy from potong kereta...you can get around RM80 per set. Choose the one still thick and no burn mark on it.That would last you few more years. In Suresh's case ...I would guess that his ATF filter is dirty. OR the filter is cloged because he use different ATF then the recomended ATF. Use original Proton ATF or Castrol TQM-SP or Original Mitusbishi ATF-SP III.

tonykong18 - 12/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto  
quote:
Originally posted by darrenwong
Originally posted by suresh77
my car mileage currently is 130K ++, for the past few weeks, my car have been experiencing jerks between changing gears(auto), it feels more like it is hesitate to change.Anyone experience this before ? Is it gearbox problem or is the ATF fluid ? Can anyone enlightrn me on this problem ? Thanks. Hi suresh My wira 1.8 auto also got problem, i suspect gearbox problem, no torque and power, damn weak then wira 1.5 auto. I hope to convert to manual gearbox & need some advice before change. Many ppl say proton have to use back proton original ATF oil, otherwise cant perform well.
Hi darrenwong, suresh case was way back in 2005 and urs just started?, let me Warn u with my experience:-(mine was a 1.6) After 4++ yrs and approx 260k+++km, my 1st AT(Original Japan) went kaput with the symptom like when u accelerate, the car instead of picking up, it pulls back with a squeak of the tyres as if u step on the emergency brake(almost stop) and then the car suddenly will go back to normal and sped off(I was damn lucky at that moment as there was a lorry right behind me and the sudden stop nearly got be done)If this is ur case, I strongly advice u to change ur AT or convert to MT, which I did. Another 2yrs ++ (approx 400k+++ km includsive of the 1st 260k++km) the 2nd AT 2nd hand (Original Japan[Mit]) also went kaput, this time the symptom is different, while I was climbing up a slope(Sec 17 PJ) the gear suddenly goes OFF "Netural" on All drives and I was also lucky that there were no other vehicles behind me, and I was able to slide back down the slope and park my car aside. Immediately, car towed to the workshop, they manage to get hold of one 2nd/recon AT and they fix it back,
[so happy can go home~about 2000hrs already] during the testing, Fine the car can move forward on "D", L, 1 but reverse.....shit... FAIL! cannot engage. I nearly cried. The 1st thing that got into my mind was Convert to MT.(at that time)but now may B At Oil Cooler can help lah.. try and see. Do U dare to use AT for Wira after my briefing? Even if U dare I advice U to convert to MT or may B as other suggested adding a AT Oil cooler could help, try asking others. That's what I read in the Forum recently. Trying to help [:p][;)][:D]

darrenwong - 11/01/2007 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto  
Originally posted by suresh77
my car mileage currently is 130K ++, for the past few weeks, my car have been experiencing jerks between changing gears(auto), it feels more like it is hesitate to change.Anyone experience this before ? Is it gearbox problem or is the ATF fluid ? Can anyone enlightrn me on this problem ? Thanks. Hi suresh My wira 1.8 auto also got problem, i suspect gearbox problem, no torque and power, damn weak then wira 1.5 auto. I hope to convert to manual gearbox & need some advice before change. Many ppl say proton have to use back proton original ATF oil, otherwise cant perform well.

public - 20/01/2005 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   hi twilight, tried the above.it has gone down a little but there is still problem.Could it be the distributor ?

twilight - 20/01/2005 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   Well, how much does it cost you? IMHO better get a better quality tranmission fluid and ATF. Then after 5,000km/10,000km change them both again just to make sure its clean. After that it should be clean enough to last sometime before you need to replace again, perhaps in a year or so.

twilight - 20/01/2005 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   not too sure. my gearbox had this problem when it was new, did the above and everything is fine, i thought the cars were baked in the sun until there is no lubrication left. the mechanic didn't say anything when you went to service?

public - 19/01/2005 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   thanks...will try that...how about transmission additives like x1R and slick 50...does it help ?

public - 18/01/2005 0:00:00

gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   my car mileage currently is 130K ++, for the past few weeks, my car have been experiencing jerks between changing gears(auto), it feels more like it is hesitate to change.Anyone experience this before ? Is it gearbox problem or is the ATF fluid ? Can anyone enlightrn me on this problem ? Thanks.

twilight - 18/01/2005 0:00:00

RE:gearbox problem for wira a/b 1.5 auto   Take your car to a good Proton workshop. Ask them to replace the gearbox fluids and change the ATF. Should cost you no more than RM150. If you never change the fluid and ATF before then you know why its happening now [;)] Don't bother going back to Proton service centers or workshops who ask you to change gearbox they're all just trying to make money from you.