Wira
Wira
Proton > Wira > How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto View modes: 
fazleysyam - 15/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   bro..looks like we have been talking about our points all the way.. i can see ur points and agree with u.. basically..its just the way we mod our car..not to say that im right..but definitely u r not wrong too.. however, i wonder did we manage the help the thread starter..hehehe

tofu_manic - 11/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   yep u have a point there, but a swap to the wira SE's exhaust system (header, piping, tong) will yield a coupla hps right off though, os u can see that stock factory sizes arent the most ideal, even for stock engines, extra e.g. it is mandatory for turboed cars to change to a freer-flowing intake/exhaust first (i noe turbo la, but just an example hehe) mebbe it would be better to say that the exhaust best be done in conjunction with / anticipation of coming modifications like cams/ CC increase, i dont really agree with the idea of increasing the exhaust pipe size last though not many ppl can mod something now...then next month....install a stroker kit...then next month...cams....then BOT....normally these mods would take years to save up for (generally speaking) i dun think u wud want to drive for the next couple of years with a restricted exhaust... dont forget, the results of each mod u make, there will be a lesser impact with a restricted exhaust it makes sense what u r saying also...SO for the threadstarter, he must set a realistic target of what he wants to achieve with his car, how far he plans to go with it, at most he will be doing piping changes only once/twice over the whole modification period for me it is does not make much sense to spend upwards of 10k on the engine over the period of a couple of years, and hold back for the many years, on feeling the true results of ur mods over just a mere rm80 on a set of piping if staying NA, simple, just get a 1.7 inch to 1.8 inch piping for a 4g15...this sizes will cater to most NA mods already, and ur engine will thank u for it for a 4g15 manual exhaust, it is not as complicated as u think it is, its not as if u have to change the piping for every single mod that u make, we must make some allowances lah no need to noe the extractor primary/secondary length/curves when u can get an off-the-shelf, tested, proven 4-2-1 header from PZ or hotbits midbox, not needed, if only for sound suppression, end muffler, straight through is always better (im tokking about manual, auto no experience), minimal bends are better so it depends....there are 2 approaches: 1. dont touch exhaust system until uve done everything, engine is increasingly suffocated over the next few years, u dont get the true results of each mod, and save 80 bucks or so 2. plan what u wanna achieve with the engine, spend the extra 80 bucks, get more results from each mod, engine will be relatively more rev happy at mid to higher regions id say it is worthwhile to swap the piping once a pretty major mod is done, like cams etc. etc. depends on what u want for me, i only changed the exhaust piping after i had the stroker kit in, i jumped straight to 2 inches (as i was aiming for a stronger mid/top range power), press bent, following ori route, a 2 inch midbox (which i later discarded) with a straight through tong...i increased it to this size because i had a coupla other mods coming, a matspeed 272 cam, maddriver's PnP head, twin dcoe40 carburettors, msd 6al capacitive discharge ignition + blaster 2 coil no regrets doing what i did, under those circumstances it was the best option, i felt sticking with the ori piping all the way to the end, i cant imagine how much backpressure there is killing the engine, it felt so much better after the piping swap so all i can say is, set a target, if staying NA, 1.7 inch is safe i understand ur point it is a valid point of view, just see what u feel is more important Cheers!

fazleysyam - 06/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   to me..i would do all the mods before i start looking at the exhaust.. u can change the filter first..but change the exhaust without proper planning will cost u a penny.. let say ive change my exhaust setup today..after a month..i wanna add a 1.6 stroker kit..or add bot..then i will need to redo my exhaust system.. furthermore, changing the exhaust system will require u to understand in detail about it..for example the size..the flow type..extractor length..the midbox..end muffler..and also the piping either straight or normal.. anyway..changing exhaust system will improve the flow off the output gas from our engine..thus making the engine to perform optimally..the size of the piping will depend on the output generated by the engine..the the output generated..definitely will depend on the mods. normal mods which does not increase the engine CC or gas output..wont require u to change the piping size..standard size is sufficient

tofu_manic - 04/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   yap true not significant, but those 2 are the basic stuffs that shud be done first before anything else no use having cams, bigger cc if the intake/exhaust is still restrictive air filter, just get a drop-in type, or proper aftermarket pod filter with a heatshield header, just get a hotbits/powerzone one as im using a manual 4g15, i wont noe what size piping wud be best suited for an auto one, just call powerzone to clarify

fazleysyam - 04/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   tofu.. to me, using freer breathing filter or exhaust wont give u significant improvement for hp..that is even if u r lucky to choose the rite filter and the rite combination of piping, midbox, extractor and the length of each for your exhaust

tofu_manic - 03/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   fazleysham...i guess u can say that for stuffs like cams or longer crank but normally a freer breathing air filter/exhaust will yield gains all over the chart

fazleysyam - 17/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   well nono.. if u want more power..tuning wont u do any good.assuming u r using vdo ecu, only ur idling can be adjusted.. for more torque/top..u need to mod..its a long way to go to discuss it in a single posting..but the easiest one, is to change to lighter rim..this will increase the torque.. then u can look on the exhaust system..try to u the s-flow end muffler or a twin loop..that should also give u additional torque.. maybe u can add vs and gk to increase the efficiency of electrical flow in ur car.. lastly..u can check the engine..use acp and set it to retard or advance..also u can u lcp..and if u have extra money and don't know what to do with it..u can change the cam..do pnp n blueprinting..or use BOT (this will definitely increase ur hp)..hehehe i did my mod only up to the acp and lcp..also i use a better spark plug (with std cable) but..one thing u need to understand..for wira increase in torque meaning decrease in top..and vice versa..u cant gain both at the same time with a single mod..or maybe quite difficult.. I.M.H.O la

nono - 08/07/2009 0:00:00

How to tune Proton Wira 1.5 Auto   Hi there,i am a new member here...^^ plz give me some advice for modifying Wira 1.5 Auto to increase the horsepoweer...^^ w8tin erveryone to give me some advice yar~