Wira
Wira
Proton > Wira > wira 1.6xli gear box View modes: 
johnlawren - 12/08/2011 8:52:42

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box    hai bro last year my 1.6 auto gear box having some problem ... 2 gear take a longer time to go for 3rd gear..i having this problem every mrng..i fed up and i changed to 2nd gear box frm half cut shop..i bought mitsubishi 4g 92 gear box n now i using tat machine for 1year ready,i found no problem and gaer shiffting is smooth n gud pick up ..iam using toyota gear oil type t-iv... if u want i can search for u the gud gear box bro

johnlawren - 12/08/2011 8:52:39

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box    hai bro last year my 1.6 auto gear box having some problem ... 2 gear take a longer time to go for 3rd gear..i having this problem every mrng..i fed up and i changed to 2nd gear box frm half cut shop..i bought mitsubishi 4g 92 gear box n now i using tat machine for 1year ready,i found no problem and gaer shiffting is smooth n gud pick up ..iam using toyota gear oil type t-iv... if u want i can search for u the gud gear box bro

Lacroix - 18/03/2009 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   alhamdulillah. My wira 1.6xli now is in good condition. I went to penang bumbung lima tu change my gearbox. they check using the OBD II and found that the jerking was because my 1 gear 3 and 4 was not sychronize and also the reverse gear. it has been 1 week since the gearbox has been changed and for this one week. its awsome. the pickup is back. no more jerking while the gear changes and also on reverse. It costed me RM 1.6K changing to a reassemble gearbox (1.6 auto) with a new oil coolant. They workshop took my original gearbox for RM 1.2K. I hope its worth it. Warranty is just for 6 month only. I hope nothing goes wrong.

Slingshot - 17/03/2009 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   Is your problem solved? What you did? If you havent done anything yet ... firstly I would like to ask you ... What type of ATF you use for your GB??? Do you change your ATF filter everytime you change your ATF? Prolonged hold of 1st gear before shifting to second gear could be caused by poor ATF flow trough the ATF filter into the drain pan. Poor flow might be caused by non suitable or compatible ATF used. Secondly a clogged ATF filter also would restrict the ATF flow.
quote:
Originally posted by Kingfish
hi shah700120, thanks for ur help. may i know what is the model of the gear box? how much it cost? Actually i have looking around the manual 1.6 gear box to replace my auto gear box, fed up for repairing. but my car gear box condition still can be used, just sometimes the 1st gear take a longer time go into 2nd gear. most of the time the gear box are running smoothly. anytime,i am thinking of change to manual gear box. is there any recomment second gear box shop to buy, pls advise. i m from kuching that is very hard to find 1.6 manual gear box here.

Lacroix - 11/03/2009 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   want to ask . . . whats the difference between a reassemble gearbox and a recond gearbox?

Kingfish - 09/01/2009 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   hi shah700120, thanks for ur help. may i know what is the model of the gear box? how much it cost? Actually i have looking around the manual 1.6 gear box to replace my auto gear box, fed up for repairing. but my car gear box condition still can be used, just sometimes the 1st gear take a longer time go into 2nd gear. most of the time the gear box are running smoothly. anytime,i am thinking of change to manual gear box. is there any recomment second gear box shop to buy, pls advise. i m from kuching that is very hard to find 1.6 manual gear box here.

Shah790120 - 07/01/2009 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   ohh .. and 1 more thing .. i just called a friend and he said that he got a 1.6 auto gearbox standby.

Shah790120 - 07/01/2009 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   if that is the case, then your gearbox is already 'rosak' .. get another gearbox, 1.6 auto or convert to manual ..

Lacroix - 25/12/2008 0:00:00

RE:wira 1.6xli gear box   Hi Kingfish, i have the same problem as you too. Anyway you can change from auto to manual and you can sure feel more power to it. But i dont recommend you change into 1.5 gear box. . . better to find 1.6 or mivec's gearbox.

Kingfish - 16/10/2008 0:00:00

wira 1.6xli gear box   hi i m new here. i own a proton wira 1.6xi(A)and got a problem in gear box lately.(when start driving , the 1st gear can't getinto the 2nd gear,and sometimes jump gear from D to N) i have fed up with this gear box already( overhaul in last 2 year already, the same problem still come out),and i intend to change to manual gear box. now i have find wira 1.5(m) gear box which i want to install to my 1.6 gear box, change from Auto to Manual, it this suitable for the engine? your advise is really appreciated to me.