Chevrolet Captiva
Chevrolet Captiva
SUVs & Pick-Ups > Chevrolet Captiva > new car delivery checklist View modes: 
chandr - 25/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   Chips, is it possible to put this topic as a sticky so that new captiva owners can notice this easily and refer to it? thanks.

chandr - 14/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist  
quote:
Originally posted by baby ryan
printing list for the collection of my car.....[:)] hopefully i can get it by tomorrow....[:D]
i strongly recommend that you go piss and shit before you collect the car... in states of excitement, you'd have the tendency to rush the delivery checks... or worse still, dirty the floor...[:I][:I][:I]

baby ryan - 14/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   printing list for the collection of my car.....[:)] hopefully i can get it by tomorrow....[:D]

AndrewABK - 06/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   Thanks for making my long list longer, now new owners have to bring 3 A4 instead of 1. The longer the list the more pressure we apply to H-C & Cergazam... which is a good thing. Hopefully one day, there's a little booklet of "Collecting Your Captiva" guide to be produced. Cheers![;)]

dragonpas816 - 04/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   Wah! become more and more comprehensive la Andrew's Checklist.

chandr - 04/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   An update on bro Andrew's famous checklist Arrange your car to be inspected by you at least 1 day before actual delivery date. Arrange inspection to be in daytime with good lighting. They usually do it in the work service area, or the showroom upstairs - the lighting is acceptable esp in broad daylight. Expect to spend at least 45min to 1hour on the inspection. If you're collecting it in Cergazam PJ, nearest diesel stations are: Shell, Petronas, BHP on Jalan 222. The nearest ESSO I know is on Jalan Gasing opposite KWSP. 1) Body - Check for scratches, even on the headlights and chrome parts. If you find anything ask them to rectified it. Normally, it will just required some polishing and it should be okay. If not, then must be rectified at the next service, at least. 2) Interior - Check the plastic and vinyl parts carefully, again, ask them to rectified if unhappy. Open and close all compartment, do it a few times, they all should open it a slow smooth speed. Make sure the interior lamps are all working. Check the rear aircon as well. 3) Doors - Open and close all doors, don't forget the back door and window as well. They should close with the nice thud. 4) V-Kool - If you have them installed. Check for bubbles, and the edges. Remember to ge the warranty card. 5) Lights - Ask the salesman to switch on the lights one by one while you stand outside and check. 6) Seats - Make sure all the seats can folds and stowed properly. Play with the power seat buttons. 7) Engine - Make sure nothing is loose. You should not see any wetness near seals and joints. 8) Entertainment - Bring along a CD, load it and check the sound. if you are into MP3, bring one and jack it in to test it. Documentation - 1) AP form - Make sure you don't loose this - Will cost you RM1000 if you need a replacement from JPJ 2) Security VIN number for your key. This is the code for your remote- in case you loose your key, they will need this to program a new one for you. Keep it safe!!! 3) Copy of the registration card - You'll be surprise to see that the road tax is RM872.80 instead of the RM430 Chevrolet have told you - No worries - Chevrolet is subsidising the half for us, as they are still waiting for PUSPAKOM to give them the special green-diesel status, which according to SA will be done this year, and we will received a letter. update:- seems the approval is ready 4) Puspakom's report. 5) The DO 6) The cup-holder ashtray. The problems I found in my car - 1) There was a minor scratch on the 3rd break light - which they manage to polish it off. It turned out it was just a stain. 2) The cap for 1 of the wheel (where the Chevrolet logo is) was loose. They took out my wheel and tighten it. 3) The left wiper was shuttering even with water on the windscreen, they did some adjustment, it's okay now. 4) The sunglasses compartment did not open smoothly, they fix it. 5) There is a slight paint blob about 1 cm, just under the driver's door, which they will sand-off and respray for me during the 1st service. Also known problems: 1. mudguards 2. loose wing mirrors 3. AmirSH managed to get them to give a wax & polish. [;)] 4. don't bother checking for smoke. Hardly any esp on standstill revving the engine. but you'll get a lot of diesel exhaust in your lungs if you do. Enjoy the process. It's a beautiful machine!!!

whoaminext - 27/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   thanks, guys. will check those fenders.

chandr - 26/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   yar, yar, just like beautiful woman with beautiful body but with unequal sized butts...

bukitrimau1 - 26/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   Hi! Chandr, Yup I have the same problem on my rear left wheel plastic fender - same as yours, maybe we check out if it is the same problem this sunday? (Have informed Cergazam, they call it "banana leaf") problem is that the tyre rubs and cuts on it, as it was deformed and burdging out towards the tyre. Other new Captivian note this in your delivery checklist and inform Cergazam once you see this problem, It looks like on the rear left side only? chek out on all sides, on this "defects" which 2 of us already have - Chandr & myself is having, but Cergazam have promised to replace it on my 1st service - they do not have stock now - anyway it is not serious - just do not look neat and nice! Brand new car - mah - where can be like this - many admirers so cannot let them see thgis ugly spots. Right Chandr? chandr 4-cylinder Member Malaysia 230 Posts Posted - 25/05/2008 : 8:55:37 PM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Collected my car on Saturday afternoon (think i just missed dragonpas, but i didn't see any cool black captiva around). Went thru the checklist, and found 2 smudges on the bonnet, and a linear defect on the rear left fender.

chandr - 25/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:new car delivery checklist   don't recall my vios being waxed to glory also the last time i got the car... so not too bothered by it. and mine is a grey... so shiny doesn't show up too well too, unlike other colours, like black or, hehehe, white... am considering esso too, since there are so many esso stations around sg buloh area where i work. i only know of one esso station in shah alam near tesco, and the other one is on Jalan Maarof before the flyover going to Midvalley. dun remember any near 222. maybe there might be one near templer?