General discussion/other models
General discussion/other models
SUVs & Pick-Ups > General discussion/other models > 4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference View modes: 
Henryz - 11/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   if there is no dealer or service center for ISUZU DMAX ... no warranty are give i think so... i do not have their contact number.. you can go to thier website.. go yahoo search for Tri-Petch isuzu..

bestdmax - 11/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   Would you have their phone number. By the way, since you have both the early and later dmaxex, would you know if the engine mounts look similar by visual observation. I was looking for a repair gararge mechanic who works on dmax, and who may be able to help out. CAn you recommend one with a phone number. Regarding repair manual, are there a repair manual for the genreal public dmax owners like us to buy and maintain our car with? Thanks,

bestdmax - 10/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   Hi Henryz and all, My name is Harris from Los Angeles USA. I have been doing as much research from the internet as I could on the 4JJ1-TC, 4JH1-TC, 4JA1 and 4JK1 engines and 4JJ1-TCX engine in Thailand. The information is yet very limitted. My friend has a 2004 dmax with the 4JH1-TC engine. He also has a 4JJ1-TC engine and manual transmission without the wire harness and ECU. What we want to know if the engine mount brackets on the engine and on the dmax chassis frame and engine rubber mounts are the same for the 4JJ1-TC and 4JH1-TC. The engine mount brakcets and mount rubbers may be the same eventhough the 4JJ1-TC is made of alloy and 4JH1-TC made of cast iron? The other question which I have an answe for already is - Are the wire harness and ECU different between the two engines? If the engine mounts and wire harness/ECU are different, we have a list of questions to ask you, 1) where we can buy the engine mount brackets (on the chassis frame)for the 4JJ1-TC engine. These brackets would have to be cut from the salvaged or wreck 2007 and later dmax which came with the 4JJ1-TC engine? In the uS, we buy used parts from an auto wrecking yard or auto salvage yard where a buyer has the choice to remove the part himself at discount price or pay for the part already removed by the wrecking yard. 2) Similarly, where can we buy a used wire harness and ECU for the 4JJ1-TC engine? 3) Other than the dmax dealer part department in Malaysia, who can we call to get parts like the engine mount rubbers or other 4JJ1-TC related parts for the engine or transmission. 4) How can we obtain a service or repair manual. I understand that the dealer service manual is not sold to the general public, bit I believe that there must be a repair manual for dmax owners or dmax service station repair shop who service the dmaxes. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you HArris

bestdmax - 10/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   Henryz, Do you have a contact dmax person in Thailand who can help me with getting any of these parts? Thanks, Harris

Henryz - 10/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   okay.. ''1) where we can buy the engine mount brackets (on the chassis frame)for the 4JJ1-TC engine. These brackets would have to be cut from the salvaged or wreck 2007 and later dmax which came with the 4JJ1-TC engine? In the uS, we buy used parts from an auto wrecking yard or auto salvage yard where a buyer has the choice to remove the part himself at discount price or pay for the part already removed by the wrecking yard. 2) Similarly, where can we buy a used wire harness and ECU for the 4JJ1-TC engine? 3) Other than the dmax dealer part department in Malaysia, who can we call to get parts like the engine mount rubbers or other 4JJ1-TC related parts for the engine or transmission. 4) How can we obtain a service or repair manual. I understand that the dealer service manual is not sold to the general public, bit I believe that there must be a repair manual for dmax owners or dmax service station repair shop who service the dmaxes.'' FYI... what stuff that you want it can be find easily in thailand..

Henryz - 10/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   hmm.. I do not sure about this.. Maybe u can call up to Tri Petch Isuzu...

Desmo - 09/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   Correction 4JH1 OHV, 8 valve
quote:
Originally posted by Henryz
Hi bro harris, firstly i would like to ask where are you and your friend from? 2nd I explain both engine 4JJ1 -Common Rail Direct Injection Engine -16 Valve,4 Valve per cylinder -Alloy Engine -Fully Controlled by ECU -Timing Gear and Timing Chain -DOCH 4JH1 -Direct Injection -8 Valve, 2 Valve per Cylinder -EFI -Timing Gear -SOCH -Iron Cast Engine 3rd, I will try my best to check for you for further information. 4th, if your friend really wanna convert this matter, it's cost you very very expansive and maybe will void warranty and better get a Brand New 3.0 Super Commonrail Version its better. Other dmaxers please add some information if I do not note in here.Thx Regards, Henry

Desmo - 09/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference  
quote:
Originally posted by Henryz
thanx desmo.... active bit lar... give more comment!
No prob bro, if time allows la....:P

Henryz - 09/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   alrite..asking uncle chip to open a new forum for our dmax.. hope he can approve...

Henryz - 09/07/2008 0:00:00

RE:4JH1 and 4JJ1 engine difference   thanx desmo.... active bit lar... give more comment!

1 2