General discussion/other models
General discussion/other models
SUVs & Pick-Ups > General discussion/other models > Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza View modes: 
wandyhee - 09/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   ola, Just bought daihatsu feroza 1990 model for the price rm14000-cash. Well, the reason I bought it is this species is COOL...ehehe. I dont know anything about 4x4 but I dont care because I like it. I bought it from seller who also own car workshop. Well, although I dont know much about 4x4, let me tell ya something about this species. Feroza body is very tough and it's go thru galvanising process so there is no corrosion. come with 1600cc engine. if you really want this 2 model (jimmy or feroza), prepare some money for minor repairing (of course you need it for old car). Just make sure the one you bought has good engine that still can run...ehehe if you want to know more about feroza, go to this website: www.warfs.org good luck![:D]

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza  
quote:
Originally posted by kerinthian
[:)][:)] Oooh guys thanks a million. I appreciate the feedback. Anyway, Mr Zoom, you said >> -->>If you know nothing about cars, avoid these models[/b.] They are old and you may end up spending more time in the garage than driving them. You may also need to have some knowledge of the mechanics of 4wd to be able to maintain them properly. ----> So, is it really really not recommended for me? as a first time buyer of car? to get this models? hmm I thought if there's any problem i could always send it to the mechanics... errr And the cost of maintenance will it be high? Tq, Keri
Bro, if you really like it and want it...WHO CARE? just bring mechanic/someone expert about this car to check the condition before you decide to buy. This is very good practice when you want to buy used car.[;)] p/s: go to youtube and look for 'feroza in action'

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   Check out my 1990 feroza (still in process changing owner name) http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=613602

public - 23/10/2007 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   Oh yes, you can send it to the mechanic if any problems provided your mechanic is reliable & trustworthy. Which will determine your maintainence cost..... It is not advisable only to someone not familiar with cars especially 4wd. They are not very nice to drive on the road but is a gem when use for off roading. Have you test driven any recently???

public - 23/10/2007 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   [:)][:)] Oooh guys thanks a million. I appreciate the feedback. Anyway, Mr Zoom, you said >> -->>If you know nothing about cars, avoid these models[/b.] They are old and you may end up spending more time in the garage than driving them. You may also need to have some knowledge of the mechanics of 4wd to be able to maintain them properly. ----> So, is it really really not recommended for me? as a first time buyer of car? to get this models? hmm I thought if there's any problem i could always send it to the mechanics... errr And the cost of maintenance will it be high? Tq, Keri

public - 19/10/2007 0:00:00

Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   I'm interested to buy this car. The selling price are quite reasonable - below 20k. I would love to get more infos on this particular car. Such as the fuel consumption, the maintenance? is't high maintenance? First and foremost i know nothing about car. And i thought of either buying a suzuki jimmy... or a daihatsu feroza.. any suggestion? I need some helps :) Tq, keri.

Site admin
Site admin
Chips - 19/10/2007 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   The Feroza had a big 2-litre engine so its consumption would be higher than the Jimny which had engine sizes from 800 cc to 1300 cc. Maintenance-wise, I think both are not expensive to maintain but the Feroza probably has a tougher body so it may still be in good shape whereas the Jimny was a lightweight 4WD. Parts may be easier to find for the Feroza since Daihatsu Malaysia was the one that marketed it and is still around whereas Kobin Motors, which started marketing it in the early 1980s and then Lion Suzuki, which took over in the late 1980s, no longer handle the brand.

Site admin
Site admin
Chips - 19/10/2007 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   Thank you for the correction on the engine size. I was thinking of the earlier Rocky which was sold in 1986. The last Feroza was sold in 1998 for RM72,000.

spyroeast - 19/10/2007 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   One word to describe the these two models......BUMPY !!!! Cos of their short wheelbase it is a very bumpy car to drive and rear passengers will most likely have sore bums after a long distance drive !!! Though its other advantages are it is very good for serious offroading also because of its short wheelbase so you can get out of tight situations when offroading.......[:D]

public - 19/10/2007 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Jimny/Jimmy or Daihatsu Feroza   If you know nothing about cars, avoid these models. They are old and you may end up spending more time in the garage than driving them. You may also need to have some knowledge of the mechanics of 4wd to be able to maintain them properly. The Daihatsu feroza is fitted with a 1.6L engine and not 2.0L which I think it is from the Daihatsu Rocky. Best thing is to test drive one and see whether you like the ride or not b4 you decide.

1 2