General discussion/other models
General discussion/other models
SUVs & Pick-Ups > General discussion/other models > Suzuki Grand Vitara View modes: 
feis - 29/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   Remember! No RON 95 for your Grand Vitara.

feis - 16/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   Thank you Chips, Already changed the tyre and done the alignment. It's off. BTW, changed to Michelin Latitude HP. Definitely much better 'feel'. Donno if it's because of the new tyres or because it's a Michelin.

zailanz - 10/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   As quoted before, 'No news is good news' [:D] My senior citizen parents are using their SGV with no complaints, I guess no quick acceleration or thrills needed for their age, and the vitara gets them around quite comfortably. My opinion is SGV gives one of the best cornering stability for a SUV body, and the size is big enough, but easy to park/fit into any parking spots. IMHO: Good size, comfort, ground clearance, and styling(exterior). [:)] Not so great acceleration. [}:)]

Site admin
Site admin
Chips - 09/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   Check your alignment, might be off so the tyres are being dragged instead of rolling and will wear out faster.

feis - 09/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   Thanks sleeper for info on bodykit. No wonder SMA only mentioned VVT during the launch. Now I can't find any mention of it. I'm thinking of getting a new sports rim as the original one has started to flake and turning a bit yellowish. Or maybe there is somewhere that can 'recondition' the rim. Anybody know? After I changed my tyre to a Malaysian sourced Bridgestone but same model number, I found that the tyre wear is very high. Especially the rear left. I think I have to change my rear tyre again this month only after 6 months. Any suggestion?

8232 - 02/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara  
quote:
Originally posted by zailanz
My mum just bought the SGV based on my recommendation. She's loving it! Only small issue is the spare wheel cover lock, or rather lack of it! Anybody have a nice looking lock to suit the cover? Where to get it? Using a cheap luggage lock now but it's dangling from the bottom of the wheel cover and an eyesore... thanks in advance! [8D]
Zailanz, pls share your mum driving experience on her SGV....[:D] Wat the best & less...[?]

sleeper - 30/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   feis, The bodykit comes from AirMaster...check their website to preview...and the new GV does not comes with VVT...only 2.4 variant has VVT...false advert by Suzuki Malaysia I guess. Accessories for GV really really hard to find here in MY.

feis - 17/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   There used to be someone from Suzuki Malaysia Forum who did his car's skirting. Will try to dig it up. Saw the 2 tone silver GV on the PLUS highway just before Putra Mahkota exit going south. Looks very nice. Must be the very limited release 2 tone 4WD version circa 2006/2007.

kakit - 15/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   luggage lock. you mean those with number combination type? hehehe.. i still not find any too.. beside, any blink blink here custom their GV? me looking for a nice skirting la.. also i found that gv sport rim is hard to find too.. limited choice.. please advise...

feis - 14/07/2009 0:00:00

RE:Suzuki Grand Vitara   I'm still using a luggage lock. It's dangling, yes. However, you will only see it if you are really looking for it. .....And no, I haven't found a better lock. [B)][:I]