Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier
Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier
SUVs & Pick-Ups > Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier > Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio View modes: 
Stamp - 11/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio   duboisi, i still have a few questions on this SATECHI gadget. 1- how did you purchase the gadget? i ordered this gadget through the website, and at check out, routed to amazon.com to complete the purchase. i did that, but a few days after i ordered, amazon.com sent me an email saying that SATECHI did not ship this gadget to Msia. hairan. 2- with this gadget, based on your experience, how many FM radio stations you can tune to (those beyond 90 MHz)?

duboisi - 11/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio  
quote:
Originally posted by Stamp
duboisi, i still have a few questions on this SATECHI gadget. 1- how did you purchase the gadget? i ordered this gadget through the website, and at check out, routed to amazon.com to complete the purchase. i did that, but a few days after i ordered, amazon.com sent me an email saying that SATECHI did not ship this gadget to Msia. hairan. 2- with this gadget, based on your experience, how many FM radio stations you can tune to (those beyond 90 MHz)?
1 - Very strange. U can try to communicate with sales@satechi.com to sort the the problem. If needed, u can quote my Order Number: 104-5549951-3385802, Order Date: 2007-12-21T16:59:25. My hipping / Handling: is $26.25. 2 - The gadget can transmit between 87.5Mhz to 107.5Mhz. I have only tried from 87.5Mhz to 90.0Mhz as the Jap radio only can receive up to 90.0Mhz. Currently I am using 89.0Mhz in the Harrier, only get radio interference once a while. But with anthenna folded down, hardly get any interference. As I described earlier, try to find "quiet" FM frequencies from yr radio as different area/location might have different frequency inteference. Once found, switch the volume to +20% louder than usual and drive around for a while to see if those frequencies are really "quiet". If you can't find a single "quiet" frequency, then don't buy this device, else u will be frustrated with using this gadget. What I have done is set the radio's FM Ch6 button to receive 89.0Mhz. So if I am playing CD and the phone rings, I will change to FM Ch6 before answering the phone. If I am playing MP3 and Radio through my phone (through FM Ch6), then the radio/music will auto stop for me to answer the phone. Pls do not hesitate to post again if u have other querry or problem.

duboisi - 06/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio   Tested Satechi in Heli since 03Jan. The Heli's radio system has less interference as compare to CRV's. I can find 4 available frequencies to syn the Satechi to Heli's FM radio (as compare to 2 in CRV). Very good results and it performs just like what I have described earlier (testing with CRV). I have tried fold down the Heli's antenna, got even less interference and better sound quality. So from now, I am listening to FM radios from my mobile phone and Music from iPod. The sould quality is good enough for me to consider adding a subwoofer to the Heli's JBL stereo system. To evaluate if Satechi could be use in your car, just switch on the car's FM radio, manually scan through the FM frequencies starting from 87.5Mhz. If you can find "quiet" frequency slots (no broadcast, no interference), then Satechi should work perfectly in yr car.

duboisi - 03/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio   Received, on 2Jan, the Satechi Bluetooth Handsfree Fm Transmitter for Car Stereo Modulator 200 Channel / Ipod / Zune Car Kit-black with Built in Backnoise Cancelation Microphone AD2P Ready. Photo of unit in the box: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21176250@N03/2160619783/in/set-72157603619188761/ Photo of unit out of box: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21176250@N03/2160618715/in/set-72157603619188761/ As my Harrier will only be registered today (03Jan), I have tested it on G3 CRV's car stereo: 1) Very easy to set up - just plug into 12V output (i.e.: cigarette lighter), Satechi can transmits FM between 87.5Mhz to 107.5Mhz. So you have to switch on FM radio of the V, find a channel that does not have any broadcast and interference (for my case 87.5Mhz is used). FM radio set to receive 87.5Mhz and set the Satechi to transmit at 87.5Mhz (using the Satechi's 2 right buttons). This paired the Satechi and Radio. 2) Test with iPod - just plug the other end of the ear phone cable fr Satechi into iPod's ear phone output, good music quality comes out from car stereo. 3) Test with old phone (Bluetooth V1.0) - Pair the phone's Bluetooth with Satechi, it works just fine. While playing music from iPod, if the phone rings, Satechi automatically switch to phone, and ringing tone comes out from car stereo. Press the left button on Satechi to answer, and you have a hands free system. When the call is terminated, the music resumed. Same thing (music auto on-off) happens when you make a call from cell phone. 4) Test with new phone (with Bluetooth V2.0 A2DP) - same result as #3. 5) Test with new phone playing MP3 and FM - sound quality is good enough with clear stereo imaging, just like playing with iPod. The only thing is that when using Satechi as hands free, do not turn the car stereo too loud or else the other side will hear their own echo. Lower the volume (still can listen to conversation clearly) solved the problem. In Summary, a very cool gadget to have. Will try it in Heli in the next 2 days and feedback later.

Stamp - 03/01/2008 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio   duboisi, keep the feedback coming! [:)] im very interested to learn from your experience using the satechi gadget. great man! [^]

Stamp - 24/12/2007 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by duboisi
quote:
quote:
A friend just told me that he saw a portable MP3+Radio in PJ Digital Mall. This gadget, in addition to ear phones, can transmit audio output via FM frequency and this FM transmission can be received via the vehicle's FM Radio. Only not sure if we can set the gadget's FM transmission frequency to below 90Mhz. If so then we can still use the V's Jap audio/radio/speakers system. Will check it out in the next few days and then report finding here.
duboisi, your report on this gadget, any soon? im also currently hunting for this kind of gadget. thanks. [:)]
Hi Stamp, I have decided to link iPod and Mobile Phone (for hands free) to the Car Stereo through Satechi. Have ordered online at US$125.25 inclusive of delivery. See the YouTube I posted on 22Dec, it is both a Bluetooth and FM Transmitter. Should arrive early Jan. With SateChi, the FM will come from Mobile Phone, MP3 will come from Phone and/or iPod. Output is car stereo. My original idea was to get a MP3 that comes with FM. Then source for a FM Transmitter (without Bluetooth) that accept headphone jack as input. There are a few brands of FM Transmitter available at around RM50-RM100 range. Branded like Belkin at RM200-RM300 range. Do a google with ("FM Transmitter" Malaysia) and you can see a few offers online. Else pay a visit to Low Yat or PJ Digital Mall. Regards.
Thanks for the info. I assume this Satechi gadget will allow you to tune to radio stations whose frequencies are higher than 90Mhz...Pls let us know once you've recieved the Satechi. [:)]

shamoo - 23/12/2007 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio   spyro, what can we do? Is it the installation problem or product issue?

cvchua - 23/12/2007 0:00:00

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shamoo
A bit out of topic, has anyone ever convert those japs character to English? I'm getting a booster. CVCHUA, how much you did yours?
if toyota could install english version video for the lexus, there must be english version software. right?
theorectically speaking i think it is possible. The question is who can do it and will they do it.....[V][V]

duboisi - 23/12/2007 0:00:00

quote:
quote:
A friend just told me that he saw a portable MP3+Radio in PJ Digital Mall. This gadget, in addition to ear phones, can transmit audio output via FM frequency and this FM transmission can be received via the vehicle's FM Radio. Only not sure if we can set the gadget's FM transmission frequency to below 90Mhz. If so then we can still use the V's Jap audio/radio/speakers system. Will check it out in the next few days and then report finding here.
duboisi, your report on this gadget, any soon? im also currently hunting for this kind of gadget. thanks. [:)]
Hi Stamp, I have decided to link iPod and Mobile Phone (for hands free) to the Car Stereo through Satechi. Have ordered online at US$125.25 inclusive of delivery. See the YouTube I posted on 22Dec, it is both a Bluetooth and FM Transmitter. Should arrive early Jan. With SateChi, the FM will come from Mobile Phone, MP3 will come from Phone and/or iPod. Output is car stereo. My original idea was to get a MP3 that comes with FM. Then source for a FM Transmitter (without Bluetooth) that accept headphone jack as input. There are a few brands of FM Transmitter available at around RM50-RM100 range. Branded like Belkin at RM200-RM300 range. Do a google with ("FM Transmitter" Malaysia) and you can see a few offers online. Else pay a visit to Low Yat or PJ Digital Mall. Regards.

duboisi - 22/12/2007 0:00:00

RE:Harrier - Jap Spec FM Radio   Bluetooth (V2.0 A2DP) FM Transmitter, check these out: 1) Motorola MOTOROKR T505 http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/t505/ 2) Satechi http://satechi.com/Bluetooth-Handsfree-Fm-Transmitter-for-Car/M/B000NVYVRO.htm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDPiAq2H0aE 3) List of mobile phones with A2DP http://satechi.com/info/Bluetooth_FAQ T505 will only be generally available in 1Q08. Satechi can be ordered online at about U$125 (including shipping).