Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier
Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier
SUVs & Pick-Ups > Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier > All about Toyota Harrier View modes: 
vroom12345 - 16/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier  
quote:
Originally posted by llanslez
anyone know about these "enhancements" below - how much, whether can or not, where etc. 1) stabilizer bar - wud it improve the bodyroll? 2) power boot - when i bought my H hv tried looking for one with it, but unfortunately the one suited my pref didnt have it. can install separately or not? 3) front camera - whether can sync with navi display like the reverse/back one cheers!
1) It should improve bodyroll. I am still evaluating either installting Ultra Racing's Strut Bar or apply Autofoam. Can't stand that G3 CRV has better bodyroll control than H.[B)] 2) not advisible to install separately. If you are gangho to try, you can search and order Lexus's RX power boot with all the necessary wiring and switches (i.e.: whole set) from half-cut vendors, most probably from overseas, and get those body repair shops locally to install for you. 3) can be linked to TV Tuner channel of the navi disply

adly - 16/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier   hi... Ganymede AFS is Adaptive Frontlightning System. This AFS system improves visibility when negotiating tight bends by incorporating halogen lamps linked to sensors which detect steering input and can swivel up to 15 degrees.. .mmmm..do u think the H can install 2 original front and side camera?mine only have reverse camera...where do u all guys think my dad can spray his H?? bcoz time dapat H semua ok..tiptop..no scratch..but after 3 days,bus3rd kid scratched the car n tulis B.A.B.I....kesian my dad.maybe dat kid jealous kot...so now,my dad want to spray n also ketok!!front bonnet hit by golf ball!..haha [:D][:)][:D]

mangler - 15/05/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by vroom12345
Today finally stepped into K.K. Lau Car Audio. Used to have the impression that they r only doing high-end car audio systems. Was surprised that they do mid-end products as well. K.K Lau has done car audio upgrade on H. He also has ready stock for the original bottom half braket for H audio panel if you wish to change the car audio system. Bought Garmin Nuvi 710 fr him at RM2400. He could also install Garmin GVN53 and direct the GPS Map display at H's navi screen. Will arrange to change the H tweeters to Dynaudio silk tweeters at RM880 per pair, with repositioning of tweeters towards cabin rather than parallel to the windscreen. Also thinking about installing a digital radio tunner at RM1,100, a device that connects to the original car audio system. But still can't decide as RM1k can install a new 1Din HU above the gear shift. For those wishing to upgrade the H audio, it is worth while to visit K.K Lau and discuss with him about options available. Advise to visit on weekdays as that place is damp busy during weekends. For non-muslim, you must try the kuay tiow soup at the corner coffee shop.
Hi Vroom, I kinda interested in your "Digital Radio Tuner" thing in KK Lau's shop, my questions is :- 1) Does it give a 100% clear Stereo FM Malaysian radio reception/frequency ? 2) Any body in this forum installed a TV Tuner Card in their "H" comment please?? 3) TV Tuner Card vs. DVD Head-Unit?? Any Comments... Many Thanx Guys...... Yr2005,240G Black,Panoramic Roof,Reverse Camera,TV,NAPA Leather,AFS,Reverse Camera,TV and etc.....[}:)]

wilbrightj - 15/05/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by Ganymede
Hi sifus! I am new here and looking to get a harrier (unreg, 2003 onwards, most likely 240G). I know there are many grades, specs and options, so it is very difficult to ask what is consider as a good price.[B)] To simplify things a bit, I would like to ask what specs, grades and options I should look for and at what going price. I know 2003 240G is going for less than 170k in MTM and I am sure the actual going price will be lower.[:)] Can sifus here share what specs, options, grades they bought and at what price? I read the harrier's owners register but there is no such info, hope all sifus here share share![:D] I would like to gather more "AMMO" from sifus before going for shopping, thanks!
Well..for your info..just bought my 2003 240G Premium L in february for ard 180K..I guess u should go for PREMIUM L..18 inch rims( MAKE SURE U DUN GET CHEATED)..got JBL speakers,Reverse camera and AFS as standard..the side n front camera's are bonus(lucky if u can find one for 2003 model)..panaromic roof and bodykits are also bonus if u can find one with it..who knows u can ask the dealer to include these optionals accessories for free..try surfing www.toyota.jp/harrier..-HURRY GET UR HARRIER- its a really cool ride!![:D]

alpha - 15/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier   hi! Can i just check the language on the touch screen? Mine looks like a mix of jap and chinese, and i read neither. But kinda know what it's all for...well almost anyway. Any information to share? Thank you. Regards

Ganymede - 15/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier   Hi sifus! I am new here and looking to get a harrier (unreg, 2003 onwards, most likely 240G). I know there are many grades, specs and options, so it is very difficult to ask what is consider as a good price.[B)] To simplify things a bit, I would like to ask what specs, grades and options I should look for and at what going price. I know 2003 240G is going for less than 170k in MTM and I am sure the actual going price will be lower.[:)] Can sifus here share what specs, options, grades they bought and at what price? I read the harrier's owners register but there is no such info, hope all sifus here share share![:D] I would like to gather more "AMMO" from sifus before going for shopping, thanks!

vroom12345 - 13/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier   Today finally stepped into K.K. Lau Car Audio. Used to have the impression that they r only doing high-end car audio systems. Was surprised that they do mid-end products as well. K.K Lau has done car audio upgrade on H. He also has ready stock for the original bottom half braket for H audio panel if you wish to change the car audio system. Bought Garmin Nuvi 710 fr him at RM2400. He could also install Garmin GVN53 and direct the GPS Map display at H's navi screen. Will arrange to change the H tweeters to Dynaudio silk tweeters at RM880 per pair, with repositioning of tweeters towards cabin rather than parallel to the windscreen. Also thinking about installing a digital radio tunner at RM1,100, a device that connects to the original car audio system. But still can't decide as RM1k can install a new 1Din HU above the gear shift. For those wishing to upgrade the H audio, it is worth while to visit K.K Lau and discuss with him about options available. Advise to visit on weekdays as that place is damp busy during weekends. For non-muslim, you must try the kuay tiow soup at the corner coffee shop.

vroom12345 - 08/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier   H owners interested in new Michelin Latitudes tyres can monitor this thread: http://www.motortrader.com.my/asp/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21001&whichpage=1 Scroll down and start reading from Posted by "chandr" Posted - 07/05/2008 : 12:31:22 PM The price for 235/65/R17 is only RM580 as compare to usual price of around RM800. And last post by "chandr" on same page 1: "But the V's (V=CRV) tyres 225/65 R17 apparently only costs RM380... His shop's in Klang, and the number's 03-3323 5780" (Update: RM380 is after trade in of new CRV tyres at RM200 per piece. The discussion is still on going.)

aerotourer - 05/05/2008 0:00:00

RE:All about Toyota Harrier   Dear Harrier owners, I am looking for Harrier original 18" rim. Anyone can tell me where can I get it? Thank you...

harrierSP - 04/05/2008 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by llanslez
quote:
Originally posted by harrierSP
Hi!, I'm new to this forum and recently become Harrier owner. 2005 Premium L and black color. Need some advise from "Bro Harrierguy" about DVD HU. I read few article earlier and check out Brother Peter DU and Brother at Kelana Jaya. I'm interested if DVD HU that can connect to ipod video. Hope you can advise on choosing the DVD HU and installer. I dropby at M.Sonic Kampung Baru, they show a device called VGA converter to hook up the DVD HU so you can use existing TV display. When I talk to Brother Peter DU, he did not mention abt this 'converter device'. Hope you or forum member can advise. tks.
i just got my H 2 weeks back and considering to add separate HU as well, but not because of the DVD rather for radio - added booster but in KL interference is like waterfall cannot hear anything, outside KL ok. so from my 2 weekends of searching for the video to be playable via the navi screen,, some said need converter some said mpeg upgrade or something like that but the key thing is memang you need to add/do something as the navi display is not compatiblle with most malaysia's head units. bro peter got experience lah with H,, but must negotiate the price a lot because the 1st quote normally is at premium.
Thank bro. You are right about the radio booster. I paid RM180 for the booster and the interference is like waterfall, need to tune all the time. One hand driving, another hand tuning the radio. Tired already after one week. I'm serious looking to at the DVD HU just to have desent radio and DVD for the kids. Brother Peter proposed Kenwood DVD HU + converter to play ipod Video. Charging about RM1,950 plus installation. Is the price ok ke. I have different quote from M.Sonic. Pioneer DVD HU about RM1,800 + RM750 for Video Converter + Installation RM++. If DVD HU that can play ipod, much higher.. Still think. Brothers at Kelana Jaya is cheaper but when ask the SA, not so confident about workmanship, they can't explain properly....Any advise from forum members that already install DVD HU. Thanks.....