Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier
Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier
SUVs & Pick-Ups > Lexus RX & Toyota Harrier > Harrier GearBox Problem View modes: 
tploh - 04/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem   Woo ! Voltage Stabilizer ?! Could you elaborate your gear problem when shifting from 3rd to 4th in further details ? If same with mine, RM 200 is a cheap solution.

wyk - 04/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem   Hi All. I'm new here. Own a Heli 98 3.0 V6. Experienced 3rd to 4th gear prob before, visited Tom's but couldn't solve it. Could say i solved it by installing a Voltage Stabilizer (pivot copycat) RM 200 only. But still felt a little jerking during gear change, Suggestion anyone?? [:D]

firebld - 03/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem   I hv 2000/2003 Harrier wit h the sama 3rd to 4th shift difficulty. It seem the roblem start after my millage up to 175K. My mechanic advise me to run the car for 5-10 minute in the morning before taking it out. seem to work so far. anyway the car is due for replacement soon. hope to upgrade to 2nd gen Harrier when the new 3rd gen is out ...

Black Harrier - 03/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem  
quote:
Originally posted by firebld
(clip) hope to upgrade to 2nd gen Harrier when the new 3rd gen is out ... (clip)
Firebld >> G3 Harrier has been out for a while now :-) Kasi racun dia .... hehehe!

tploh - 03/09/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem   Very comforting to know. So I am not alone. I will be driving my 98/01 Harrier for a few more years, after my "investment" into my gearbox, etc. Unless, I strike lottery.

tploh - 28/08/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by wideawake
Glad you found the explanation. That was a lot of trouble you went for just for the pleasure on the first 2 minutes in the morning [:)]
No pain, no gain.

wideawake - 28/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem   Glad you found the explanation. That was a lot of trouble you went for just for the pleasure on the first 2 minutes in the morning [:)]

tploh - 23/08/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by cvchua
quote:
Originally posted by tploh
Can't wait till my 11 Sep appointment so I went to speak to the Japanese engineer in Toyotsu ( UMW servce centre in Shah Alam ) during lunch today. He "thinks" that my gear not shifting to 4th while it is still cold in the morning is a Toyota design to protect the engine. he mentioned that the engine will jerk if not enough power ( not hot yet ). So, what a relief for me to hear that. Now, I'm back to all [:D]
so the japanese engineer imply to just let it be?
yes

tploh - 23/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:Harrier GearBox Problem   Learnt a new phrase today : "delay gear upshift during cold". It is a design for better FC and to protect the environment ( I guess it causes more CO2 emission ). Confirmed by sources in Mercedes Benz, in addition to the Japanese engineer in Toyotsu. So, all my worries are gone now.[:D]

cvchua - 21/08/2009 0:00:00

quote:
Originally posted by tploh
Can't wait till my 11 Sep appointment so I went to speak to the Japanese engineer in Toyotsu ( UMW servce centre in Shah Alam ) during lunch today. He "thinks" that my gear not shifting to 4th while it is still cold in the morning is a Toyota design to protect the engine. he mentioned that the engine will jerk if not enough power ( not hot yet ). So, what a relief for me to hear that. Now, I'm back to all [:D]
so the japanese engineer imply to just let it be?