Toyota Hilux
Toyota Hilux
SUVs & Pick-Ups > Toyota Hilux > NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler?? View modes: 
arieffisal - 17/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   Yo all, i just got back from up north (across the border) for a jalan jalan trip, went to a toyota 3S centre to buy some diesel fuel filters and a front fender mirror for my cousin and was offered a test drive in their 4x4 3.0 hilux and also a 2 wheel drive 3.0 litre Hilux Smartcab (the low rider normal pick up with the suicide rear doors for the extra cab). Those trucks can fly! they can actually fly just that when you see them on the road they are not fast cause the Thais in general drive quite slow. but pick up and midrange torque is damn good. and the full spec 4x4 Hilux's interior feels like sitting in a Prado...... damn good stuffs.

am_eniey - 14/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   I however blame Proton for all these fu*ks !!!

Razzd - 13/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   Wow, the 3.0L Hilux has good specs certainly! The stuff Toyota puts in is certainly worthy to carry the 3.0 badge... I'm drooling already! I can only imagine how 'nice' it'll be to sit in the driver's seat... Agreed, the 3.0 when further enhanced with Vector/Tunit will only result in a 'monster' ride [:)]

Razzd - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   I myself was impressed with the Everest 3.0 diesel. Esp since it comes with VGT and a 5-spd auto. That really helps; as in the Navara, shifts are quick and less RPM drop. Space looks great too.

Razzd - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   IMHO the 3.0 D-4D Auto Hilux should be priced similiar to the Navara. I believe the Hilux 3.0 still uses a 4-spd auto, right? I think Toyota needs to come up with a new Gen Hilux/Vigo with 5-spd auto (at the very least), front-mount intercooler (or what ever they fancy) and increased h/p & torque.

arieffisal - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   Spyro, yeah i wouldnt pay more than RM110,000 for a 3.0 litre D4D hilux auto full spec research = market research and Thailand's development side need to mate the 2.5 litre intercooler with an auto box (which to me also shouldnt take that long cause they have managed to mate the current non-intercooled engine to an auto 4X4 gearbox (which is unheard of and is a joke in Thailand)) and also not forgetting approval from Toyota's japan HQ to market the models here.

arieffisal - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   the 3.0 litre auto hilux still comes with 4 speed transmission with overdrive (which is more than sufficient for the engine). no need so many ratios cause the torque coming from the engine is enough to pull the truck. if got too many ratios, the gearbox will start hunting for gears = more gear change = more jerk = not smooth drive. the full spec one comes with power seat for the driver, 17 inch rims with 265/65 series tyres, foldable power side mirrors, cruise control, optitron meters, RV meter, Traction Control, Variable Stability Control and a lot of other goodies, even leather seats. if they bring in the full spec for RM110,000 i think alot of people will buy. a friend has driven a 3.0 with Tunit/ Sprint Boosters and claims that it drives like a 4+ litre Landcruiser.

fooman - 12/08/2009 0:00:00

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   Well, the Hilux and Fortuner are the the Government 'Pajeros' of this generation, so I think sales numbers are not a big worry for them. If that disappears, then they'll actually have to compete for sales. Then again, people in Sabah will buy it just because its a Toyota. Hahaha.

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   [url]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YpI0q52wHxg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YpI0q52wHxg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/url]

RE:NEW Hilux Turbo Intercooler??   Even Ford has a 3.0 in their Everest now. http://www.motortrader.com.my/NUS/articles/article_2048/page_m.asp Anybody seen the 3.0 D4D in 'Thong Che' shops yet? :D